“Not impressed...”
Review of JP Pancake - CLOSED

JP Pancake
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Decided to try this place as I had driven by quite a few times and was curious. It was busy, but we were seated within 20 minutes. Ordered the pigs in a blanket, with a side of 2 eggs. My friend ordered the same thing. The only beverage I ordered was water, and was brought a tiny cup of water. I looked around and every single table had full size glasses of water. I asked the bus boyif I could have a regular size glass of water, and his reply was that all the water was served in a tiny cup. I pointed out the glasses of water on the other tables, and he just shrugged his shoulders. I asked for more water, and he brought a pitcher to refill my tiny cup. OK... tried to move on from that. Pancakes lacked flavor. With the rave reviews, I was expecting more. The syrup is not pure maple syrup. Adding 2 eggs to my order added $3.50, not the .50 that showed at the top section of the menu. My friend's egg order was forgotten, and brought later. I will not be repeating.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

I love German pancakes and they have very good ones here. Staff is friendly and efficient. The restaurant is in a strip mall so not at all fancy so ambiance not great but food is so good you don't care.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

I've been going to JP's Pancakes for a while because they have good gluten free breakfast items for my wife, daughter and grandkids - not me thankfully. I love their baked/German pancake.

Years ago they were owned by a nice lady and her son had one in Scottsdale. The Scottsdale one closed and he helped at the Gilbert location. That was when it dropped a little in the correct baking of the pancake, they didn't rise.

A couple of years ago the business was sold. Now they cook the baked pancakes perfectly. I bring people there often and they have been perfect each time.

I would have given them a 5, but the service was not great. I never go on weekends, so when I go there may be 8 people there max. Add the 20 minutes to bake the pancake, then the service should be excellent. They are very nice, but not timely.

Great restaurant with nice options. Wish they were a little closer, but then I would be a blimp.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Pleasant little breakfast place, nicknamed "Puffy Pancake". And that's exactly what you should get here. Their baked German puffed pancakes, available in several flavors, are incredible! It's a unique breakfast that's well worth the visit.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

We go here when we visit family in the area. They have gluten free items which are very good for those who want that. GREAT coffee too !!!