“Heard about this restaurant from a friend..”
Review of JP Pancake

JP Pancake
Ranked #148 of 471 Restaurants in Gilbert
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 April 2016

The restaurant itself doesn't appear to have been open very long--some work on the flooring could really benefit, as it's all concrete. It's really low key, good pop music overhead, decent seating. I'd heard about this place from a friend and thought we'd try it out today. I had the German puff pancake and my partner had the country benedict that was on special. When the server brought my plate I was in heaven and oh so excited to dig in! It was loaded with melted butter on the top, slowly deflating and I had plenty of lemon and powdered sugar to go with it. This midwestern girl right here was definitely pleased! My partner's plate wasn't anything super spectacular, but he did enjoy it nonetheless. (Maybe a little less pepper in the gravy, though.) Lots of topping choices for the puff pancakes to please any palate, but I will always prefer German style. Small, simple menu, but it all sounded delicious! But now that I know the Dutch Baby is their forte, when I have that craving, I'll be headed to JP Pancake!

Reviewed 23 August 2015

The baked apple pancake is worth the 45 minute drive to get there for us. The biscuits and gravy and all the other dishes look delicious as well - haven't tried them as we end up getting the thing that is exceptional

Reviewed 9 June 2015 via mobile

Best thing about this place is there was no wait on a Sunday about 10. But...we did wait to be seated due to lack of staff. Pancakes were different....I didn't care for but I don't like sweet things. Decent pricing.

Reviewed 2 March 2015

If you like the "puffed up" German baked pancakes, this is THE place to go. We, as I see others, found the place from "word of mouth". We are ecstatic. The menu is not huge but the variety is. You can do some "special ordering" if you like. They do accommodate "gluten free", vegan, etc. Pancakes and waffles are their featured offerings but I saw their biscuits and gravy and all I could think was "WOW". The waitress says it is delicious and on Sundays is sold out by 10:00. I'll try that next time. Today we had a "special"; a caramel apple baked pancake. Out of this world! If you are a pancake or waffle kind of person, (or b&g) this is a "don't miss" spot. Prices are very reasonable and it's very informal. The decor is basic, but hey, you've gone there for the food and you've made a great decision. BTW, the service was superb. You can Google JP Pancake and get right to a couple very informative sites. Enjoy. We will certainly be going back.

1  Thank LTCret
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We walked in IHOP down the street and it was horrible. So we checked this place out and was very happy with the service (friendly), the food (delish!) and the price. As a single mom, I'd be back and recommend it to others!