“sandwiches and pasta in small deli”

Carlo & Emilie's Gourmet Deli
Ranked #30 of 744 Restaurants in Chandler
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Went with wife for lunch and chose this place for two reasons. One, it was close to my eye doctor's office where I had a 1pm appointment and two, Yelp had very nice reviews of it! Please note that there are two sizes of sandwiches, a half (6") and a whole (12") and they pack in so much meat and accompaniments that a large would be rather difficult to consume. It's a small deli but they have a nice size patio and lots of Italian pasta dishes. 8, as well as 13 hot sandwiches and 10 cold sandwiches, plus soup and salads. She ordered a small pastrami sandwich with yellow mustard, cheese, and sauted onions and, half a dill pickle. I had a small cheese and onion steak sandwich. We also had their home made potato chips. They were very good but a very small portion considering the $1.30 charge. We drank the usual self serve lemonade. There was so much lean and tasty meat in the sandwiches but mine was "dry" and had to be chewed a lot. It really needed some sort of moisture, a sauce perhaps. We will return for some of the pasta dishes, they looked very good.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

I had a Sausage Sandwich and loved every bite. My wife had the Veal Parmigiana, one of her favorites. With the homey atmosphere and the talking with Carlo in Italian we felt like we were back in Italy.
The service was excellent and the food divine.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

My wife and I tried this nice, little place based on TA reviews and are glad we did. You walk in and read the many choices on the blackboard then order. You’re greeted with a real smile and treated like they really want your business. I ordered the meat tortellini w/marinara sauce. I had to try a store made Italian sausage, too which is not like the stuff we are accustomed to from the super market. Their sausage is the real McCoy. The tortellini are delicious and spiced properly. My only issue was that some were overcooked a bit and others were al dente. My wife enjoyed their home made, meatball grinder. The meatballs have the perfect texture and size (about 3” diameter). The taste is subdued and could be spicier for our taste, but none the less very, very good. I spoke with Emilie after our meal and informed her of my rating. She’s a very sweet person who cares and wanted to know why not 5. I mentioned the tortellini and my other issue which was the paper napkins. You will need about 45 of them to get through your meal as they are, not only thin, but they are REALLY, REALLY thin. My point is that 45 of the cheap ones ore 1 of the good ones. Anyway, this place is great and we’ll be back.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Carlo & Emile's Deli is your Home away from Home Euro style. The traditional home cooking boasts an array of flavors , textures and smells that keep you coming back for more. Portions are large but not heavy feeling. Which is good because the variety of home made deserts are a must. The food is Wonderful Fresh and cooked to order.
Every dish is absolutely delicious whether its their signatures soups, pasta dishes, home made sausages and meat balls or the mouth watering pastrami. You will not be disappointed! The atmosphere is Warm, Friendly with a genuine feeling of family. The service is Excellent and with a smile. Buon Appetito. Grazie Mille Roberto

Reviewed 26 July 2017

We have known Carlo for many years, as he used to manage Bernard's restaurant at Ocotillo. His cooking is amazing. My wife and I go here about every 2 weeks for lunch and we recently had Carlo cater our daughter's graduation party to rave reviews! it is located in the middle of a strip mall near the Fry's at Germann and Alma School. Besides the food they serve, they also have a selection of Italian meats and cheeses as well as wonderful desserts. My favorite sandwich is Carlo's Meatball sandwich...delicious! My wife love the roasted vegetable salad, but it is all wonderful! Highly recommend!