“Wonderful food with terrific view”
Review of Hangar Cafe

Hangar Cafe
Ranked #65 of 709 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Went with friends early Sat morning and we were able to snag a table outdoors. So fun to watch the small planes coming and going. The food was excellent, large portions and reasonable prices. Hubby had the waffle and bacon, I had the egg white veggie omelet with cubed potatoes and rye toast. Our friend had the taco omelet with hashbrowns covered in cheese and peppers. Didn't need to eat again until dinner!
Get there early! When we left at 9 there was a line!

Reviewed 24 April 2017

This place is located at the Chandler Municipal Airport and is essentially right next to where all the planes sit. You will see planes move around as you enjoy your meal. I thought it was a cool experience, but aside from that, the only other redeeming factor was the customer service!

I went on a Saturday morning, and it was packed! We waited about 15 minutes to get seated, which was pretty good. There is not a hostess at this place. You claim your place in line by writing your name down on a paper. There is both indoor and outdoor seating. The building interior and furniture is on the older side. The place is loud and cramped. It definitely has a diner feel to it. Once we were seated, our waitress came to our service right away. Throughout the whole time, she was very helpful and accommodating. Few of my friends came late, and she was on top of getting the food ordered quickly. Despite how busy it was, our server remained calm the entire time. Customer service gets an A+.

The food: they serve the usual breakfast items and have a handful of special items. They do charge $1.00 up-charge for egg whites and another $1.00 for fruit. I'm not a fan of that...Portion size is pretty large, and price is pretty affordable. Overall food was good but nothing that would stand out in my memory.

To sum up the cool parts: planes and customer serivce.

I would definitely bring people here for this unique experience, but it's not notable enough to frequent regularly.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

I was truly disappointed with my breakfast at Hangar Cafe. I was looking forward to experiencing the unique location.
Easy order: scrambled eggs, homefries, bacon and toast. Came to me cold. One slice of toast that was eaten by the time my meal had been reheated and returned to me.
No garnish, no coffee included, pretty meagrely.
Really neat location.
May be worth another try for lunch?

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

Great hidden gem! Comfortable outside dining. My husband loved his Lilly's Sandwich. My pancakes were the fluffiest, most delicious pancakes I've had in a long time.

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Had the pot roast special with gravy and mashed potatoes. Would have liked a veggie too but everything was really good. Service was fast and very friendly. Cool little spot.