“some items are fantastic others just good”
Review of Burrito Express

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Burrito Express
Ranked #260 of 709 Restaurants in Chandler
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Reviewed 16 September 2015

It's about 8 or 9 years that I have been getting take out from them and if you order certain items, they will blow you away! Nobody make the flavorful green chili burritos as well as they do, tastes home made and unique. They have a variety of burritos like steak, potato and cheese that is loaded with tender meat and outstanding. Shredded beef in their tacos is home cooked roast, no fat, no gristle. Service is fast, I found friendly and accurate. The place is small but clean and well lighted. Home cooked recipes from the Globe, AZ. family that started this small chain of local restaurants. They deliver and cater. There a 2 locations in Gilbert, 1 in Chandler and 1 in Mesa.

Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

We absolutely love the enchiladas, tacos, and beans. Delivery service is very quick and friendly. It's great that they have child sized portions so that we can pick up food to take to Mom at the nursing home. Our family loves the machaca burritos. I especially enjoy the quesadilla with grilled onions and shredded beef added. The chicken enchiladas with green sauce are also one of my favorites. It's time for me to place another order.

Reviewed 19 September 2014

I've visited this location once, due to someone in our party having purchased a Groupon and the location being just around the corner from where I'd just moved to. I will not claim that our experience is universal or consistent, but that's because none of a party of 4 were interested in returning for another try at a later date.

The place was nice enough visually. Clean, simple, the menu was easy to read and had a fun design. There were no other customers during our visit. (I'd say we went around mid-afternoon) We each ordered something different. Two of our party do not like spicy food, two of our party are neutral regarding spice. Once we had our food and sat down to eat, we were pretty excited to dig in.

Unfortunately on that day, the food left a lot to be desired. I think I got a chicken chimi, someone else got a taco salad, someone else got a burrito, not sure what the 4th ordered. I cannot say that the food was bland. It was spicy. But it was other wise flavorless. I've never eaten something that was both spicy and bland at the same time. It's not that the heat was so extreme that my taste buds were simply overloaded, it was just that there was no flavor at all to the meat. Which is bizarre. I'd never experienced anything like it. Two of us couldn't eat more than three bites due to the heat, and the other two of us were utterly uninterested in finishing what remained of our food.

I don't know what went wrong with our experience since all of the other reviewers here seem to really like their stuff, but absolutely no one I went with that day could taste the meat in our food. We wound up eating some of the bowl of the taco salad during the few minutes of deliberation before we left.

I rate 2/5 because the place was comfortable, looked clean, and service was pretty quick.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I have been going to this place for YEARS! Same cooks, same owner, FABULOUS food. Although the ambience/atmosphere may not be what one expects, the food is the best I have ever had. FRESH cooked food at GREAT prices.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

The food is typical Miami-Superior-Globe Az authentic Mexican food. This no longer requires a 90 mile drive to savor the excellent Mexican food those 3 towns are know for. A family from Superior have established several small eateries in the Chandler-Gilbert area. The food is very well done, reasonable and offers catering as well. As a native Phoenician, I know how much work is involved in preparing and serving such a delicacy.
I highly recomment the place.