All reviews at home place to stay full kitchen bed and breakfast common areas making sure southeast alaska lives up to its name in town thought of everything quiche b and b wonderful breakfast prepared breakfast themed bedrooms owners live entire downstairs
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Leslie hosted us for our mini family reunion this summer. Thanks Mom & Dad! This was the perfect choice. Breakfasts were delicious and beautiful--and tailored to work for the whole family (including young kids, the health-conscious, vegetarians, and omnivores). The view is truly beautiful, and I spent every possible moment on the deck overlooking the water. The place is amazingly well-stocked, providing everything our family needed to enjoy our stay. We slept very comfortably and well, and I tend to be bed-picky. Leslie herself is very warm and personable; this is clearly a passion for her and not just her work. Five stars!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
blush1981, Owner at Grand View Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Thank you! This was a great time for me as well! Good people, fun kids and thoughtfulness abound! Weather wasn’t perfect but we had fun anyway!

Reviewed 14 August 2018

The Grand View lives up to its name and offers beautiful views across the water to the mountains. The rooms are spacious, clean and with modern bathroom facilities. There is a huge living room and a fully equipped kitchen. It's a great place to relax after a day exploring. Leslie, our host was wonderful . So welcoming and helpful. She cooks a great breakfast. The Grand View is about a 20 minute walk from town, but Leslie can usually assist with transport or help you find an alternate way of getting about. I highly recommend this B&B and would love to stay here again. It's a great welcome to life in Alaska. Thanks for everything Leslie

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 10 August 2018

My husband and I started our Bucket List Vacation at the Grand View B and B. Leslie was a wonderful, entertaining host. The location was convenient to town and the house and property were breath taking. We were fortunate to get the moose room with a very large window that provided the most beautiful view of the water and amazing sunsets.

Leslie was a gracious host that provided well prepared breakfast and tasty snacks. She gave us many great tips about the area and history of Wrangell. Additionally suggesting reading material that she has on hand. On days that we had excursion she prepared to go breakfast for us to take with us.

I cannot put into words the uniqueness of this home. Leslie has put a lot into the decor of the inside and out. Her yard has the most beautiful flowers and many childhood secrets. Inside the home has a very Alaskan feel about it but in a very cozy setting. The beds were very comfortable with great sheets and soft towels. There is a washer and dryer available and coolers to use.

There are many interesting stories that I could share about our great experience at the Grand View but one that impressed me was on one of our early morning excursions Leslie cooked a pan of small breakfast quiche. She made enough for us to share with all 6 people on the excursion even though they were not staying at the Grand View. We actually warmed them in a stove on the boat. The boat had a wonderful breakfast smell that went well with excitement of our excursion. Leslie's kindness was heartwarming, her home beautiful and to top it off she is a Packers Fan!

I will post pictures. Thanks for the a great start to our most amazing bucket list vacation, Leslie. We will return.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Doubard
Reviewed 5 August 2018

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights and honestly could not have picked a better place! Leslie made us feel welcome right from the pickup at the airport until our final goodbye. The B&B is fabulous - beautifully decorated - themed bedrooms, glass windows everywhere and a great breakfast every morning. The Moose Room's front location with big picture window overlooking the water can't be beat! We sat outside on our first evening and saw a couple of whales passing by. We walked into town once or twice a day (about 2 miles each way) and enjoyed our leisurely pace. There are two grocery stores in town to pick up a few essentials. Highly recommend the Stik for your other meals. We tried one or two other places in town, but nothing compared.

Leslie does have a rental car available if you want to drive around Wrangell or get some items from the grocery store.

Definitely recommend staying at the Grand View - you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2018

The Grandview really is a gem! From the moment of first contact until the end of our stay, it could not have been nicer. Ours was a last minute trip, so I checked the ferry schedule, called to see if there was “room at the inn”, and booked. Leslie was helpful and enthusiastic as she helped us plan excursions for our time in Wrangell. The home is beautiful, has very comfortable beds and bedrooms, and a spacious shared family room looking out on both beachfront and mountains. An impressive collection of current and historical books and periodicals about Wrangell and other areas in Alaska could be found in a smaller, more private reading nook. Outside seating on a porch/deck and an area to build a fire on the beach were available. Breakfasts were hearty and delicious. Between of the setting, the house itself, and Leslie’s bubbly personality, I can wholeheartedly recommend a stay at the Grandview BnB.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple