“Wonderful”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Livingroom
Master Bedroom
Master Bath
Master Bath
Gourmet Kitchen, stainless appliances, granite counters
Flatscreen TV-DVD with Cable & Wi-Fi
Salmon spawning grounds in our creek
Our Alaska Adventure Unlimited Tour Company
Mt. McKinley - go flightseeing!
Matanuska River - go rafting!
Matanuska Glacier - go trekking!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Portland, Oregon
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 21 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

We found this wonderful cabin through trip advisor and it proved to be a find. There are three cabins on the property near a bubbling stream plus the home of the owner. The cabins looked brand new and nicely decorated. There's a small kitchen with all the essential tools, a small deck facing the natural area and a barbecue for everyone's use. The kitchen is stocked with all your breakfast fixings: eggs, bagels, bread, jam, coffee, juice so you can leisurely fix your own breakfast. Eva, the housekeeper, was exceptionally welcoming and friendly. Not only did she go out of her way to return our phone call about reservations , but on her day off made sure she was there to greet us, show us around, and then wish us well when we left. Just wish we could have known it would be so nice and we would have arranged to stay longer.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beautiful, natural setting
Liked least: Very steep stairs getting to bedroom. We were warned that stairs were 1/2 inch higher than the normal
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Families with young children
alaskarat
Fairbanks, Alaska
“We were so spoiled!”
Reviewed 27 November 2012 for a stay in November 2012
person found this review helpful

As we were looking for a nice place stay for the weekend to visit our son who had just returned from Afghanistan I found that everything appeared to booked in Anchorage (or at least anywhere we would want to stay). I decided to expand my search to Wasilla and up popped Alaska Adventure Chalets! The price was right and I showed my wife the pictures and she told me to book it. So on Friday morning we drove down from Fairbanks.

We arrived a little before check-in time and from the parking lot I called the owner from my cell phone as I was not sure where the office was. I spoke with the owner a wonderful lady and she told me the key was in the door and a welcome letter was taped to it too. She also came to the office door so I could see where it was. After about an hour as we were leaving to Anchorage I dropped off a paper she needed signed and talked for a couple of minutes and that was the last time I saw her, as everything was so perfect there was no reason to talk to the staff anymore.

As we entered the Chalet I was stunned this place was so much better than the pictures could show. I quick exploration of the Chalet was in order and we soon found a well stocked and furnished kitchen. The stove, microwave and refrigerator were full size! Since we had a Prime Rib that needed re-heated for the night we popped it into the oven and continued our exploration. The kitchen was stocked with many, many goodies for breakfast and had more than enough for our two day stay even with a teenage son with us.

There is an downstairs bathroom along with an real neat on upstairs that had a Jacuzzi, Robes, towels for days, shampoo and body soaps. My favorite part was the heated bathroom floor! Oh and the bathrooms were well cleaned. There is a TV with cable in the living room and master bedroom.

On Saturday since our son came out to the Chalet we stayed there all day visiting. My wife was able to prepare both lunch and dinner there with no problems.

The heating was more than sufficient that is produced by a natural gas fired stove. The stove is controlled by a wall thermostat and if you wanted to see fire all you had to do was pump up the heat setting.

The Chalets may feel out of the way but is really close (4 miles maybe) from the main strip in Wasilla and it is worth the 40 mile drive to Anchorage. Navigation to the Chalet at first seems confusing but after one run to the Chalet it is easy to navigate in and out of it.

If I had one grip it is the extra inch of rise on the stairs leading upstairs. I had to really pay attention when ascending and descending the stairs. If you purposefully pay attention to what you are doing you soon get use to it. My sons had no problem at all fly up and down the stairs. This was not enough to distract from the simple elegance and comfort of the Chalet and should not be a distracter unless you have problems with climbing stairs in the first place.

I strongly recommend the Alaska Adventure Chalets for those visiting our state but also my fellow Alaskans who may be visiting Anchorage or Wasilla. This would be a great place for an Anniversary or other romantic get away. It was also make a great gift for someone you know who could use a romantic get away.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The obvious attention to detail and cleanliness.
Liked least: The stairs with the extra 1 inch rise.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Families with young children
Bikerbabe...
WAYLAND
“Luxurious chalet by a babbling creek.”
Reviewed 5 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012
people found this review helpful

The place was lovely with much attention to detail. I am sorry that I arrived late at night, and had to leave after breakfast. All I had a chance to do was walk down the stairs to admire the creek. I was delighted that we 2 couples could share this chalet. My only disappointment was that there was not enough breakfast for 4 people, e.g. only 2 bagels.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The luxuriousness of the master bedroom suite.
Liked least: The skimpy breakfst
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway
Management Response
4 Jul 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We love pampering our guests and feel badly you did not receive enough bagels to your liking. We pride ourselves in offering a variety of choices so not everyone is forced to eat the same thing. Our breakfasts items in each chalet include Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, pancakes, waffles, hot and cold cereal, pastries, muffins, bagels, juice, fresh milk & eggs, coffee beans, flavored coffee syrups & creamers, hot cocoa, teas & apple cider. We love sharing Alaska with all our guests and hope to see you again in the future!
nattyj21
Wasilla, Alaska
“An amazing place to stay in Wasilla”
Reviewed 31 January 2012 for a stay in November 2011

I stayed at this property over Thanksgiving weekend. I had to arrive late in the evening. The owner stayed up and showed us around the place once we got there. The place is tucked back in a wooded area. The chalets are so wonderful. The bathrooms and bedrooms are immaculate. The living room is cozy with a lovely fireplace. The kitchen is fully stocked and not just with a little here or there. It is stocked with anything I could think of needing. The owner also called during our stay to make sure there was nothing else we would need. I would highly recommend any stay here if you are in the Wasilla area.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: With Friends
susan j
Anchorage, Alaska
“Excellent, Wonderful, Beatiful! Stay Here!”
Reviewed 25 January 2012 for a stay in January 2012

We had a wonderful time here. The amenities were excellent. Everything you might need while staying in a hotel was there. Slippers, Robe, it was wonderful.

Liked best: Luxuriousness
Liked least: Location
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing