All reviews cellar bar house smoked salmon restaurant with rooms dressing area great food large garden three courses huge comfy bed fine dining walk in shower the kitchen main course small hotel the ground floor fresh milk in the fridge the main house following morning
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Third time dining at lots meddyg. And have been delighted every time. The two waiters/bar men were so helpful and polite. And would make the cocktails I wanted that were not on the menu. Food is amazing. Really tasty, cooked perfectly. On my last visit me and my partner both had the on cheek and shared a side of the roasted root veg. Perfect portion size for the both of us. The on cheek was melt in the mouth and the salsifi was so good. For pudding we had the caramel parfait. I didn't want what it came with, so the chef did me the parfait with other bits and pieces which was fabulous. 10/10 :)

Stayed: December 2016
1  Thank xtoexragx
Edward S, Owner at Llys Meddyg, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Thank you for the review. Really happy you are enjoying the food and atmosphere at Llys Meddyg.

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

We have just enjoyed a fabulous three course festive meal at Llys Meddyg and the team excelled in every way.
The garden room was bedecked in holly and ivy with twinkly lights and a beautiful Christmas tree.
Our meal was delicious, by far the best Christmas dinner I've ever eaten.
We might book in next year and save on the washing up!
Thanks all for your fabulous hospitality, attention to detail and mouthwatering food.
We will be back very soon!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alexandra F

Thank you for the review and glad you enjoyed the room and the food!

Reviewed 22 November 2016

In the centre of Newport - good for access to beaches, local shops, pubs etc. Nice big rooms - well decorated and clean. Very comfortable bed - lovely big bathroom. Fantastic views. The food for dinner was excellent and the breakfast was also very good - the salmon smoked on the premises - very very nice. I would definitely recommend and stay here next time we go to Newport.

Stayed: November 2016

Dear Mrs Potts,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Wow! What a delightful place!
We have just returned from a two night stay, for a family wedding (15th October).
We had room 4, at the top. It was beautiful! Lots of lovely touches & a superb bathroom with a great mountain view!
All the staff are friendly & very helpful, and make for a very relaxing, homely atmosphere. Nothing was to much trouble to them. The wedding party included lots of children, who were quite chaotic at times! But nothing seemed to phase them.
The food did not disappoint either! Fantastic ! -Abundant, well presented & delicious! I am gluten free & my partner is vegetarian. We were both well catered for.
We would highly recommend Llys Meddyg, for both accommodation & food.
we are already planning a return visit....

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Gemb_1980,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review, it's comments like these that keep our staff as friendly and helpful as they are! Much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you on your return visit!

Reviewed 15 October 2016

We had been to this restaurant before, but would not recommend it after our experience this time. The service was very poor, we had to wait along time to be served and when the food came it was not of a good standard. My year 7's could have made a better rhubarb crumble than the one we were served. Most of the rhubarb was raw and I don't think I have ever seen such a weird crumble. Altogether not a good experience, we shall not visit again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Howard C

Dear Howard C,

We were very disappointed to hear about your poor experience with us. We are sorry you had to wait a long time, even though you have written your review in October we understand you visited us during the height of summer which is our busiest time and unfortunately this means that occasionally our guests will need to wait a bit longer than normal as all of our food is freshly prepared. We hope we can change your mind about visiting us again, please contact us directly so that we may offer an incentive for you to do so.