“High confidence in instructor and equipment. The dive locations? Meh.”

Eleuthera Bora Diving Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Since 1992, Eleuthera BORA DIVING CENTER, located on the famous Matira beach offers the best of diving in Bora Bora. In one of the most beautiful lagoon in the world, our professional diving instructors will guide you to discover the main dive sites ! Safety and fun, your dives will be the best ever with Eleuthera BORA DIVIN CENTER meeting eagle rays, manta rays, lemon sharks, white tip, black tip, reef sharks...
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We had a 2 tank dive with Instructor Max. We are both experienced divers, and the third member of our party was an inexperienced OW diver. The first dive was our "shark dive," and we were looking forward to seeing lemon sharks. We ended up seeing about 6 blacktip reef sharks, no lemons, a very nice coral reef, and fish. The second dive was to see "manta and spotted eagle rays" in the inner reef. We stopped along a channel... I would never think was manta habitat. We ended up seeing 3-4 spotted eagle rays, vaguely, as they passed by. This was really a poor dive site... I'm not really sure why it was chosen.

I think Max was limited by our OW diver in the area that we covered. I recognize that the ocean is the ocean, and you get what you get, but we depended on him to visit 2 great sites... we were in Bora Bora! The first site I'd rank average, and the second was below average. I would be hesitant to visit these sites again.

I loved Max's enthusiasm and knowledge. We passed a dive boat from another company, full of divers. We had 3 divers plus Max. That's a nice ratio! However, the below average dive site was a bummer.

All reviews
"experienced divers"
in 8 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 11 reviews
"manta ray cleaning station"
"dive package"
"these guys"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 1 May 2018

I enjoy been in a small group, Max our dive master make feel comfortable and secure at all times, this was my first dive after my certification and I love it, we saw lemon sharks, black nose sharks, mantas, and I even find Nemo! 100% recommendable!!

Reviewed 1 May 2018

We enjoyed our small dive group very much. Max, Nicki and Matt all made sure we were comfortable and had a good time. I especially appreciated the hot tea after the first dive - a nice touch! Maururu!

Reviewed 25 April 2018

This was my first dive, post-certification, so I was a bit nervous. What a great experience! Dive master David was attentive and put me at ease right away. He was hilarious and kept things light. At the same time, he was very knowledgeable about the conditions. We saw amazing wild life, manta rays, lemon sharks, sea turtles. David pointed out lots of other smaller creatures. Groups are small and well organized. Equipment was current and in great working order. Highly recommended.

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 April 2018

My boyfriend and I booked 5 classes to get our level 1 certification. They were very responsive via email to help us get prepared for what we needed for our dives. They picked us up from our hotel on time everyday and went through with us what we were doing each day.

We had 3 different instructors and all of them were very knowledgeable and helpful during the dives. I have anxiety and they made me comfortable during my dives. We also mentioned that I would like to see some Manta Rays and Lemon sharks so they specifically went to an area where we would see some.

Overall we had a great experience with them and would definitely return for some more dives in the future. If you have never scuba dived before and would like to we recommend this center!

1  Thank Leslie N