Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Natasha S

Content, peaceful, and great conversation at the Kosrae Nautilus Resort

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Jul 2023
The Nautilus Resort is a must-stay if you find yourself in the beautiful island of Kosrae. I really enjoyed the camaraderie built with other guests, where there weren't the many distractions of modern life. Instead, I happily enjoyed deep conversations with hotel staff and other guests, hanging out by the pool in a well-appointed patio area. When I needed to, I would return to my room to escape the heat and humidity, and take advantage of the air con. 10/10 recommend, can't wait to go again!
Date of stay: June 2023
  • Booking.com
  • Priceline
0.0 km from Kosrae Nautilus Resort
View more hotels in Kosrae
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 November 2019

We stayed at Kosrae Nautilus Resort this past June for a week of sightseeing and diving. Josh is a great host and took care of the details for most any request we had. The restaurant has very good food and service. Josh coordinated several outings that required local guides and everything went off without a hitch. Our group included both snorkelers and divers, adults and children. All of our dives were guided by Josh himself and we always had marvelous conditions and felt very safe. We actually had an incident where Josh's rescue skills were put the test and he reacted quick, calm and decisively. We do plan on returning to Kosrae and would not consider staying anywhere else.

Room tip: All rooms are a stone's throw from the ocean.
Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank MMcSD
Reviewed 18 February 2019 via mobile

Did a solo dive trip here. Super friendly staff. Rooms are simple but clean and quite comfortable. Remember this is a remote island not a Hilton Resort. But thoroughly enjoyed myself and would def stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 526grantm
Reviewed 21 December 2018

Very nice staff and fantastic diving. I stayed at the Kosrae Nautilus Resort for a few days of diving. The staff was fantastic, especially Josh and Salik! The diving was fantastic, although they had a small problem with the boat, they made up for it by doing 3 dives the next day. I would stay at this location again if I get to Kosrae again.

Room tip: WiFi didn't seem to be strong in all rooms,
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank zimmyfan
Reviewed 28 September 2018

Beautiful grounds in the heart of Kosrae. Excellent resort with great food. I would recommend this hotel. There are limited options on the island yet this hotel was still clean and well kept. The staff are very friendly. Josh, the owner was so helpful with recommendations on places to see and things to do.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jet187464
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Overall I would recommend this hotel and I would stay in it on my next visit to Kosrae.
There are only two reasonable place for tourist to stay at Kosrae.
Nautilus and Pacific Treelodge. As such my review is relative to what you can get here and not to what you can get elsewhere in the world.
On of the main advantages of the hotel is the swimming pool. It is the only one on the island and provides a center place to hangout on the empty hours you have after you are done exploring the ocean.
The pool is about 12mX6m (see attached panorama) with extremely clean water. I suspect that the weather are purified with electrostatic system with zero chlorine. It’s a pleasure opening the eyes in the water and standing below the small waterfall.
In front of the hotel you got the blue hole used for snorkeling during high tide.
The hostel is much more condense with about 4 ground rooms at each building. (The Treelodge is spread around a large area in 2 rooms buildings). So this hotel is better if you like some company around and Treelodge is for you if you value your privacy and isolation.
Both hotels provides decent restaurants and are in fact he only options for you. Since the two hotels are only one 600 betters a part you can walk between the two hotels/restaurants.
Both places offer scuba diving services with a good dive master.
Overall remember that Kosrae main advantage is its isolation and lack of tourist who destroy its reefs. This has the other side of not having much to do here beside the ocean activities.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank ErezL_12