Lowest prices for your stay
$149
ZenHotels.com
$134
Paul
Melton, Australia

First Looks are certainly deceiving!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Jul 2023
DATE OF TRAVEL: July 2023

Stayed here for 3 days for a business trip. First impressions were.... disappointing. The hotel was empty, the chef was also at reception and the building looks run down. HOWEVER, check in was fast, the rooms were well appointed, if well travelled, and the bed was very comfy. Sadly I didn't get back to my hotel room until late night each night but the breakfast was fantastic and affordable. All the staff were super friendly, welcoming and accomondating. Room walls were thick as I didn't hear my colleagues in the other rooms at all, even when we were talking. Shower was great. Good pressure and the bathroom had all the basic amenities you would need for a regional motel.

Though some people may not like it, the interestingly spaced corridors made the hotel feel like a rabbit warren and I actually quite enjoyed that.

The gym was probably the best one I'd seen in all of my hotel stays in Canterbury. I was really impressed. Sadly it was closed before I left and when I came back so didn't get a chance to try it.

It's only a few minutes away from the main restaurant strip of the town and the food at all of them was fantastic. Caroline Bay Beach is beautiful and I enjoyed my morning walks there.

Would I stay again? Though I may never have a need to again, most definitely if the need did arise. First looks are certainly deceiving with this place but push through it and you'll find yourself a gem of a stay =)
Date of stay: July 2023
  • Booking.com
    $178
0.1 km from Comfort Hotel Benvenue
View more hotels in Timaru
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 March 2020

I stayed there for three nights. The place is sparkling clean. The greatest asset is the friendly staff. They are so accommodating and kind. Compliments to the cook for the lovely dinner. It was amazing to be greeted every morning by the front of house person with a big smile and a warm" Good morning"

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 5 March 2020

I asked for a quiet and cool room and that's what they gave me. That's service! but be warned as not all rooms are accessible by lifts. The restaurant is great, I so enjoyed my 2 meals there and the service was awesome.

Room tip: Just ask for what you want. The staff are awesome!
Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank Finona68
Reviewed 27 October 2019

Stayed 3 nights for business. My room was spacious, bed very comfortable, great shower, luxurious towels. Staff were excellent and very accommodating (I like a quiet room). The restaurant meal was superb.

Room tip: Just ask- they are very accommodating.
Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank Finona68
Reviewed 4 June 2019

Ideal Hotel for business or private visit to Timaru, Rooms comfortable and warm. Restaurant is good choice for diner and breakfast. Staff are very helpful and welcoming. Parking space was good. Only a short brisk walk to the city centre.

Room tip: Some rooms there may be more road noise, ours was OK, on lower level.
Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed 28 May 2019 via mobile

The staff at Comfort Hotel can’t be faulted - wonderful, friendly and happy to go the extra mile

The hotel rooms however need a bit of attention. The hallways to the rooms are cold and very dark. Once you enter to room, it is clear they are tired and missing the extra touches. Cutlery and plates are at a minimum, the tv doesn’t display any TV guide, so you have no idea what you are watching and and the fridge hums away all night.

It is still a fine place to stay, but just not up to the standards it could be

Date of stay: May 2019