Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
$113
Fully refundable before Sat, 20 Apr
No prepayment needed
Agoda.com
$99
Fully refundable before Fri, 19 Apr
Multiple ways to pay
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 September 2022

The bedroom was quite nice, comfortable bed, enough space for suitcases and two people, equipped kitchen, wifi… The owner was very nice and helped us locate the penguins too for our visit. Highly recommended if you are staying in the area.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2022

Extremely approachable lovely hosts sisters Rach & Sandy. Small unit but everything that we needed. Very Comfy bed and 2 comfortable pillows. Motel very handy to town, and the great Caroline Bay parkland area. Would love to see the Rose garden in bloom. Penguins came in near the port area which was wonderful.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2021

I stayed overnight at the anchor motel in Timaru New Zealand, I had booked a studio, I’m a seasoned traveler, when I arrived the owner show me the room it was so small like a cell with a bed and a toilet, I commented that I did not booked a backpacker, he assured me that was not it, seeing my reaction he offer me to upgrade at a great cost of a bigger but similarly run down, with holes in the cupboard, etc, and so noisy the electric blanket worked only in one side, to add insult to injury in the morning about 10 minutes passed the check out time the owner knocked loudly at the door, saying are you ready to move out!
While at lunch in town the restaurant owner and I were talking he asked where did you stay and I told him, and he said OH No! That is the worth place to stay so that say it all.
Stay away.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2019 via mobile

Lovely place to stay! Spacious warm the inside has been nicely modernised. A bloody comfortable bed! Large lounge and kitchen. I will definitely be back. Would highly recommend this as a place to stay

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Travellerben
Yoan T, Owner at Anchor Motel & Timaru Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2019

Thank you for your great review, Travellerben, we're very happy you enjoyed your stay

Reviewed 15 March 2019

Very good location close to the main road. Bakery opposite. The supermarket is less than a kilometer away. Good laundry along with a drying room (thanks to the nice lady from the reception I did not have to pay extra). Very nice and helpful staff. My room with the bathroom was small, but in my opinion it was worth the price I paid.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank yo for your review Toamsz, it's great you enjoyed your stay