Get rewarded with One Key
John W
Auckland, New Zealand
People dont touch this Motel
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Oct 2021
my mum and i were at the Fitzgerald on King late last year,2020,I booked in again with them a couple of months ago,i told some lady name Jane,i needed the Disability Unit,No 1 for my mum who could not walk,i made it quite clear to her,she did not even tell me that others had moved in after last October 2020, an were still there,she told me lies,i had the Disability Unit booked for the 27 October 2021,i couldnt make it cos there was a truck accident i rang her in good faith an told her as to why i could nt make it on that date,till next day,that is when she told me theres already some one in that Disability Unit,i said good be up the next day,when i was in Oamaru ,i rang her when ill be arriving she told me u know wot unit your got i said unit one she said no i told you already some one in there,i through it was for one nite that person was there for,i complaint to her through email when i got to that motel on Thursday 28 October 2021,no way could my mum uses the shower there she has crook legs an has a disability,etc,when i complaint to her again through email she told lies after lies,i was basically told to leave the next day by her husband,lucky i had already had another Motel,with a disability Unit,her husband told me i was to go,then an hour later he told me to hurry up cos the cleaners want to clean the motel,he told me it was a mis communication between her an i an it wasnt,she was very rude to me,if i didnt have a place to go to i would of been stuck,with my mum been in her 80,s they dd not care,they were good last year 2020,WINZS uses them for emergency housing,shes very arrogant,we only had one night there,so had to pack up again an leave
she had told me i booked in for November 21 that was not even true i was leaving in early November,so ppl if your reading all this do not touch thoses two motels
Date of stay: October 2021
2.9 km from Fitzgerald on King
  • Agoda.com
3.2 km from Fitzgerald on King
View more hotels in Timaru
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 May 2021

Large 2 bedroom unit, not flash but very well appointed, clean, comfortable, quiet and very functional.

Good location and very good value. Don't be put off by the multi-coloured exterior of the two blocks!

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 1 November 2020

My mum and I plus brother,we stayed at the Fitzgerald on King,Timaru,we stayed there from Monday 23 October 2020 to Friday 27 October 2020,till we left there and went to the Deans Bush Motel in Christchurch,we found that Bill and Jane that owns the Fitzgerald motel,lovely people to deal with,they also own the Harbour view motel also in Timaru,my mum got sick,took her back to motel to clean her up,Bill was ever so helpful,he got me wot I needed

So ppl if you are ever looking for a motel to stay in Timaru go there,thoses lovely ppl are nices to deal with,I give them an excellent rating

Room tip: Any one looking for a places to stay,ring the Harbour View Motel,or Fitzgerald on King,Timaru,bests places to stay
Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 3 April 2019

Staying at this hotel for 6 nights, and have found it to be very quiet, clean and easy accessible. Everything works well, and is fine for our needs on this trip here. Handy short walk to hospital, which was what we needed and cannot complain about anything with our unit. Over all a very pleasant experience and comfortable stay here.

Room tip: There are stairs, so if you need, try to ask for ground level.
Date of stay: April 2019