Lowest prices for your stay
$196
Fully refundable before Wed, 1 May
No prepayment needed
$196
Fully refundable before Thu, 2 May
No prepayment needed
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 February 2019

Check in was easy enough, with the house we booked some distance from the main unit, but close to the hospital we were visiting. First night was fine, location good, close to pizza and burgerfuel. However, as we stayed with our two young kids we wanted them downstairs so they would be close and no danger of falling down the stairs, the only other room downstairs was an old converted garage, with second hand furniture stacked up against the garage door. The carpet had no underlay. And on the second night a southerly blew through and the room became freezing, so much so the kids jumped in bed with me. Cold!
Then, on morning of checkout (but well before), someone arrives to mow the lawns running the mower right under the kids window waking them up. I called the office and was told to call back the next day as management weren't there! Wow - that helped...
I spoke to the nice man using the mower but it wasn't his fault, management should simply arrange for him to arrive AT checkout time or later.
The Filipino cleaning lady was very cheerful and helpful.
Finally, after a mix up where management couldn't understand my enquiry about pricing as one night would be my wife and I and the other nights only me with the kids, the manager told me I would be charged for 2 extra people (in contrast to what is advertised on their website) as the kids use different beds. When we ended up only using one bed for the kids (and less than that when their room was too cold to sleep in), I let them know but they insisted on charging us for the 2 extras anyway, and wouldn't even comment on what they had told me about the rates being based on the bed usage. Less than honest! Certainly don't expect them to do the right thing when there is a question of money involved.
Look elsewhere!

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2019

Elevated next to the Park with views out to the beach at Caroline Bay with a range of restaurants next door. I'd say this property hasn't changed much since the 80s, as the furnishings and fixtures are all original I'd say but, it was roomy and had everything we needed. Separate bedroom, combined full kitchen, dining and lounge with a small balcony. The lounge looked out to the coast and out over the park which was lovely. Only one issue for me (having a fear of heights) is that the external stairs are open so you can see through to the ground. Would stay again though and owner is lovely.

Room tip: Front rooms have the views
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a few days, the rooms were comfortable and clean, all amenities worked and the location was second to none. Great bar/ restaurant out the front and a hop to Caroline Bay (the carnival was on) and straight to Stafford St. The hosts were friendly and the motel cat was very welcoming. Recommend

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

The motel is good and clean. However it’s right next to the state highway so sleep wasn’t great due to truck noise. However, location can’t be changed. The bathroom seemed newly renovated but the shower pressure was as poor. I wondered how long it would take to fill the ginormous spa bath. My major concern was the bed. I’m talking rock hard mattress with no give. Woke up sore as. A good shower was needed- couldn’t be found. Free wifi but patchy coverage in my room at far end of a block.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2018

We hadn’t booked anything and we turned up and got in. An upstairs room probably wasn’t ideal (2 ladies with heavy bags) but all they had left. Room was spacious, clean and tidy and once closed up and heating turned on full we were comfortable. Road noise overnight kept one of us awake most of the night unfortunately. And jets on spa bath didn’t work. Owners were nice.

Room tip: Ask for a room not overlooking the motorway.
Date of stay: May 2018