See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 April 2016

Was in a good place close to shops and restaurants. The beach was across the street. The decor was a little out dated but very clean. Was a little cold, with parking off the road. Good value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for the last unit...
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melton2013
Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

...and location is the best of it.
Been here 5 nights and had to ask them to clean the unit as well as get clean towels. The only reason we got those was because I put the dirty ones outside the front door.
Customer service negligible. Oh, and don't ask for a facecloth or handtowel, they're just not provided.
As of writing this, our unit still hasn't been cleaned!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2016

Couldn't be simpler to get in, you just get given the key to the glass slidingdoor, no fuss no muss, no sermons no rules. Everything there, self-catering kitchen, paper towels, extra bed, nice and quiet, practical, parking.

Stayed: February 2016
Reviewed 25 January 2016

Our children were delighted with our room, booked over Wotif and ready when we arrived. We the parents loved not sharing a room with the kids!

Rooms were well stocked with soap, towels, coffee, milk and tea equipment. Decor clean, quirky although a little down at heel. Staff were very helpful and found us an essential coffee plunger when asked. Best of all, just a short trot down a side way to an excellent beach. We had a ball!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2016

When we arrived we had to ring a doorbell there was no reception that you would enter. We were greeted by a young man very laid back perhaps a little too laid back considering this is a business, he handed us a key. There were two of us (singles) so I was shocked to see how tiny the room was with only 1 bed. These were not the pictures that I saw on the website. The website pictures were of an upstairs bigger dwelling with a deck, which is totally not the case as these apartments have been sold & are no longer available to book.
Luckily I could upgrade for an extra $10 to a 1 bedroom unit downstairs.
Whilst this unit was adequate for a nights stay there were a few things that did need attention to detail, the unit had a musty smell throughout despite all the windows being open. The unit was full of bugs, namely quite a few flies, a big black hairy spider in the bathroom, moths and creepy crawlies. In fact there were a lot more bugs in this unit than what I had in my bungalows right on the beach that I had in Rarotonga and Aitutaki in November last year!
The interesting thing to note was that upon seeing all the bugs we went out and bought fly spray from countdown then discovered the 2 people in the other unit had gone and done exactly the same thing we did. There was a light switch in the bedroom above the bed barely hanging there the wires were exposed & there was a dark brown almost black spill in the freezer not cleaned up. Cobwebs behind the bed which my hand found when I needed to plug in the lamp. The mirror in the lounge had greasy little fingerprints on it & the shower controls were the total opposite of what the dial stated.
Our dining table that we had was best suited outside since it was an outside dining table white with four white chairs.
On the positive side this place was quiet, walking distance to a side street which lead to the beach, the bed was comfy and it had a really nice duvet cover on it which I never used as the unit was very hot inside. The place has been tastefully decorated with nice pieces of furniture the shower had reasonably good pressure and we had more than enough wifi for our purposes.
As a way of attracting more business, repeat customers and better feedback I would suggest to the owners of Anchor Motor Lodge that it would be a great idea to install either fans or air conditioning units in the units along with automatic bug spray dispensers.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends