“Stunning organic vegetarian options”
Review of Eat Takeaway Diner

Eat Takeaway Diner
Ranked #1 of 2 Quick Bites in Ohakune
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Diner, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Eat is an environmentally aware diner . All of our produce is sourced as close to home as possible, all animal products are free range and we use sustainably sourced seafood and packaging. Our food is super fresh, healthy and made to order. Eat is fast becoming a must stop when in Ohakune. We use Havana Real Trade coffee. Open 7 days. Closed The month of June.
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Vegenator worth driving to Ohakune for ! Super coffee too and the added benefit of all organic packaging and f&b

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank jokennedy2015

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Really nice place for a breakfast, lunch or snack, but you need to get here before 3pm when it closes. Unless you leave the mountain early (or go before heading up), you will most like not be able to eat here. I was only able to come because the mountain was closed and my friend knew about the place.
It was full when we arrived but we ordered and eventually got seats before your food was ready.
There is quite a large selection of food which covers many options including vegan. Most of the items are below $20 so not too expensive.
I had the Philly Cheese Steak and it was delicious. Nice amount of well seasoned meat but I thought it would've been nice with more cheese. Definitely a good place to stop by for food if its open.

2  Thank Acineto
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Outstanding food particularly the veganitor burrito, friendly service and great coffee. We made a few visits during our stay in Ohakune. Highly recommend a visit to Eat.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

I went twice while in Ohakune recently. The first time I had the Vegetarian Burrito. It was ok. I don't love coconut oil and, for me, that taste was way too overpowering.
The second time I had the Halloumi Salad. This is a real winner! Huge chunks of grilled halloumi, delicious salad and dressing. Will go back next time I am in town for sure.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

You won't be surprised to hear about Dawn's (owner and chef) credentials ... here is an international chef serving amazing organic, mainly vegetarian fare. I can't go past the Fun Guy - a soft brioche bun with a Portobello mushroom and truffle oil "omelette" with rocket and parmesan cheese - delicious. But then there's the New York Reuben (not just vegetarian). With Havana coffee and kombucha ... So much great food ... so little time. Stay longer in Ohakune .. and Eat!

Date of visit: June 2018