“Beautiful ”

Ranked #13 of 38 Restaurants in Ohakune
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Really liked everything about this restaurant the service was fantastic and the food was sublime will be back for another visit

Reviewed 3 September 2018

I had been to this bar many times before for the nightlife, but dinner upstairs was amazing. We were sat beside an open round fire and the ambiance was great. My wife and I ordered wine and the waitress was really knowledgeable about the selection. The kids got mac and cheese and loved it. I had the lamb rack, it was cooked to perfection and paired with the wine beautifully. My wife had the squid ink tagliarini & loved it also. We were too full for dessert but we were really tempted. It was a great atmosphere and wouldn't hesitate to recommend

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We ate here Friday and Saturday nights while here for a work ski weekend. We ordered from the menu Friday and had the set menu on Saturday.
Both nights the food was fantastic. The set menu banquet was incredible. Every dish was outstanding with a huge selection.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

This restaurant is worth going to just for the decor and design. Its totally made from wood and wow it does not disappoint. Unfortunately it's only open Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights so we only got to eat there one night. The food is fabulous, very well presented and full of flavour. My husband and I both had the steak and it was cooked to perfection. Would go back just to eat there again. Staff are backpackers but were attentive. We did ask for the food NOT to be rushed out, but well I guess you can't have it all.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to Ohakune a dozen times and have stayed at The Powderhorn Chateau twice. All the while I’ve been blissfully unaware of this lovely restaurant and bar, tucked away upstairs! It’s a gorgeous space ... cozy yet opulent, and the food and service is top notch. So whilst being super annoyed that it’s taken me so long to discover it, I’m happy that I now know it’s there and will be recommending it to all my friends :-)

Date of visit: August 2018