Hotels.com
eDreams
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
ZenHotels.com
All reviews the kitchen drying room spa pool hot tub enjoyed my stay old coach road tongariro crossing cosy lounge one bedroom apartment mountain road clean tidy shower pressure gas fire living area mt ruapehu the perfect place to stay comfortable beds
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 January 2020

We had a family room for four people and found it very suitable. It also had its own en suite. We had access to all the other facilities too. The kitchen was very clean and well organised and the lounge extremely comfortable. We particularly enjoyed sitting on the veranda with a wine in hand at the end of our full day's mountain bike ride. We had some great views of the mountain . We would fully recommend this as a delightful cozy place to stay and really good value for money.

Room tip: Not sure. We just needed a room for four and took what we were offered. It was perfectly adequate.
Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 23 December 2019

This is one of the nicest YHA's I've stayed in while in NZ. The dorm rooms are good size, beds are very comfortable, good storage space under the bed, etc.

Bathrooms are nearby but can be busy during prime time but I didn't wait long. There is great on-site parking as well.

Hostel is overall quiet but you can hear hallway noise for people leaving early for the Crossing. That said, it wasn't too loud when I was there so it was fine. Kitchen is very well equipped and has a great cozy holiday vibe with an incredible view of Mount Rupheau out the windows (when it's clear).

You're 15 minutes to Waitonga Falls carpark and about 20 minutes from the base of Rupheau too. Getting to the Crossing takes about 45 minutes but is a very scenic drive.

I was in Ohakune in summer, so off season, and town itself was very quiet. I recommend bringing your own food as much as you can. There is a New World in town but it isn't very big. Personally, I didn't mind this but it was a surprise to see how quiet and desolate it was in town. Hostel also has good outdoor seating if you want to have dinner with a view or enjoy fresh air.

My only feedback is that it would be nice for the room garbage to be changed daily. We had a mound of garbage in the room, after the cleaners didn't take out everything the day I arrived too. So that was frustrating, but perhaps this is because it is off season.

Anyhow, I would absolutely recommend this place and would stay again when I'm in the area. Really enjoyed my stay as a whole.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 16 December 2019

Drawn to the property by its history, and thoughtfully upgraded by the hosts (to ensure a peaceful night away from a group of school kids!). Villas are modern, clean and well equipped, and close to the North Island Main Trunk railway - a must stay for train enthusiasts (which my group are!).

Room tip: Train Enthusiasts - go the villas, you won't be disappointed by the closeness to the main line!
Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 4 November 2019

The location of Station Lodge is great. Walked to restaurants for dinner and into town for breakfast. It was very clean and we were all very pleased with the whole experience. Because the weather was perfect we could sit outside and have a drink/coffee. Would certainly recommend this accommodation. The staff member we dealt with was fabulous and very helpful. Thank you

Date of stay: November 2019
StationLodge, Owner at Station Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2019

Kia Ora Sherrida,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, we are so pleased to hear your group enjoyed our clean facilities and great location, offering great convenience for dining out and accessing the local mountain biking trails.

Reviewed 6 October 2019

Large fireplace in living area & electric blanket on the bed, feel really warm and cosy.
Fully equipped kitchen with complete kitchen utensils.
Private washing machine inside own chalet and big drying area with enough hangers, racks.

Everything complete and good!!!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
StationLodge, Owner at Station Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2019

Kia Ora Anna,
Thank you for taking the time to share the kind feedback of your recent stay in one of our two-bedroom Chalets.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found the property to be thoroughly equipped for your winter escape.
We look forward to being able to host you again.