See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 February 2017

My family and I stayed at Cuatro Postes for three nights in two rooms (2 and 3 persons). The room for 3 persons was set up with an extra bed and had in addition a nice small living room plus a fantastic view over Avila town. The other room was on the backside of the hotel overlooking a small bushy hill top. Breakfast was included and the breakfast buffet was very good with lot of different foods and drinks. Wifi worked without problem and there was free parking just outside the hotel. There is a 10 min nice walk on a trail from the hotel to the old town of Avila with restaurants, churches, the wall etc.

Date of stay: February 2017
Reviewed 5 December 2016

Our room was a reasonable size, 2 large twin beds put together, writing desk, mini bar and great view of old town walls.
Modern bathroom but strangely the toilet had a window with clear glass so had drawn curtains as it could be seen from outside! The downside was that the toilet was always cold!
In fact we arrived about 7pm and the whole room was cold and we had to put on the aircon/heating!

Room tip: Be aware 205 has window in the toilet and so is cold in that area!
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2016

Cuatro Postes Hotel is located outside the walls and the famed "cuatro postes" with the cross is directly across it. It has a good view of the walls if your room faces that direction; otherwise, you are looking at "blah"! This could be a good property if it takes care of its housekeeping. We were a group of 44 people and one of our group members found a man's dirty underwear in the room. Another one found hair in the bathtub...a lot of it! When we informed the reception, they were not even apologetic but came across with a "ho hum" attitude. As a main requirement for all travelers, we desire a clean room and bathroom. To be given a room with that kind of questionable cleanliness presents a problem. What is worse is if we are given that kind of response from the reception.
The staff on duty on the day we left was not very friendly at all. I had to watch over almost 100 pieces of luggage so that it won't get mixed up with baggage from other groups and all I wanted was to sit in a chair. The person in the reception insisted that I don't sit in the chair because it was reserved for another group. When I asked when they were leaving, he said 9:00AM. It was only 6:00AM. I think somebody got a TIP.
Sad that a property that has potential will earn a bad reputation especially among travel agents. I have made my recommendation not to use this hotel again. I'm sure we can see the walls from another vantage point and not have to stay at the Cuatro Postes.

Room tip: ask for a room with the view of the walls which is it's only attraction. MAKE SURE YOUR ROOM IS CLEAN.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Ricky O
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed here on the way to Seville. The hotel is modern and within easy walking distance to the centre of the old town. The staff are friendly and helpful. The views over the city are fantastic and once again an easy place to stay without negotiating small and narrow streets.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights. On checking in we had to refuse our first room because they gave us a twin instead of a double, even though it clearly states on our booking. On checking out there was hassles over our payment method and we were charged parking for a motorbike. All these 3 things are firsts for us out of all the hotels we have booked.
Breakfast was ok. Bed and pillows a bit hard.
WiFi was good, shower excellent, TV good and aircon fairly quiet.
The walk to the centre of town is uphill and can take around 30mins.
If I was visiting Avila again I probably would not stay here because of the issues already mentioned.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple