All reviews place to stay epi wayan instructor laundry surf scooter
Reviewed 11 December 2017

I stayed with Epi and Wayan for two weeks with a friend, and then came back on my own for one full month. They are caring and hard working, they will make sure you always have everything you need and they will help you organize whatever activities you would like to do (and even coordinate a visit to the clinic if you need to - super glad they were there to guide me!). The rooms are spacious, clean and super comfy if you need to get some work done while you are in Bali (Wifi is A+). The homestay is super close to everything, and far enough that you get peace and quiet (takes me 5 minutes to get to the beach with my scooter). This place has become my second home in Bali and I have nothing but praises to give. Oh, and you can cook and keep stuff in the fridge and on your own shelve if you like. If you are into surfing, Wayan will be there to help you (all levels).

Cheers and enjoy your stay in Bali :D
Much love to Epi, Wayan and the two princesses - Lizzie

Date of stay: November 2017
2  Thank beth932015
Reviewed 21 September 2017

This is my second year having surf lessons from Wayan. I can definetely recommend him as a surf instructor. He is very patient, speaks good English and can explain every detail of surfing very well. Go for the privat lessons!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CamilleZ42
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We had a really nice stay in Candra homestay! The host is the sweetest person on earth. It is really clean and the beds are very comfy! You get a big watertap, so you can drink as much water as you want. Loved it!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daphne B
Reviewed 1 May 2017

I have been here almost 2 months and enjoyed it a lot. The family is amazing and very helpful.

Several of the guests are here long-term which makes it like a little community.

The room I've is a budget room (not the ones on the pictures) but it's a pretty large room with a good queen bed, work desk, cupboard, drinking water system, my own bathroom with a toilet, shower and sink (no hot water) and a porch in front of my room. I've access to the kitchen, washer and push-bike.

The place is 2 km from the beach, a few minutes walk from a good yoga school with a Sunday organic marked. It's 20 minutes walk from a road filled with shops and cafes. There is a lot of places to get healthy food, spa-treatments etc. - The area is outside the hectic Kuta/Seminiak but still there is a short way in there.

I'm not good with a scooter else that is the optimal way of transportation here.

In addition, I've been surfing with Wayan because I'm a beginner and I do blind surfing so I need a person to be my eyes on the water. When I came I had just begun to get up on a soft board. After surf lessons with Wayan, I'm now on hard-board learning to turn, so I can begin to ride along the water instead of just being pushed to shore by the waves.

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed 6 March 2017

Stayed here for 6 days and had a great time!

The room I stayed in was large, had a private bathroom with hot water, and both fan + air conditioning. It was very clean and comfortable! The homestay itself was just a 4-5 min scooter ride from Echo Beach, Old Man's, and Batu Bolong - perfect for anyone looking to surf regularly.

If you're looking for surf lessons, I would highly recommend Wayan (who runs the homestay and is the surf instructor for Candra Surf School). Having never really surfed before, I was able to progress from a 10ft foam board to a 7ft short board in 5 days! Wayan gave me helpful tips and always directed me towards the best spot to catch waves.

Overall, I would highly recommend!

Date of stay: March 2017