See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 November 2014

Its quite good although room is a little small and the toilet is small. They should keep up to the standard of the other Ibis hotels. Should improve more on standard of the hotel such as
Bed linen to be changed everyday. You don't find a refrigerator in the room. Also the breakfast in the restaurant should be improved a lot as its the same menu everyday and no choice of food at all specially for the vegetarians.

Room Tip: The rooms which we occupied was quite good.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Han J, General Manager at Ibis Tianjin TEDA, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Tianjin Teda. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. As your mentioned, that hotel should improve the standard to change the linen everday, in order to decrease the enviornment pollution, all accord hotels implemented "Planet 21" Project, so that you can put the notice on the bed if you need change the linen everyday, so that our staff will follow up accordingly. Meanwhile, we'll try our best to improve our variety of breakfast, in order to meet guest need.

Betty Hu
GM

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I have stayed at this property several times and have nothing really against it, but there are aspects the management must seriously look at sooner than later in order to bring it at par with usual Ibis standards.

This hotel, though not in real bad shape, needs renovation, new paint, drapes, change of furniture,and most important new linen (especially towels).

Like a few times before, the drainage in the washbasin needs a thorough clean-up.

Room cleanliness also needs close attention.

Also, this Ibis does not participate in the Accor hotels loyalty points award system.

The staff is friendly as always. During my latest stay there was a problem with the room - though designated as non-smoking it had a strong tobacco smell in the washroom. The room itself had room freshner doused all over which made the smoking smell even worse, so much so that I started having a headache.

When reported to the reception, the gentleman on the telephone responded in a very positively manner, apologized profusely and come right away with a key to a replacement room. He even carried my luggage.

My frustration at the room mishap was quickly overtaken by the good behavior of this reception staff. I feel sorry I forgot to ask his name for a specific mention in this review.

Overall, I would stay there again but would appreciate if the management made some investment in this property.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Han J, General Manager at Ibis Tianjin TEDA, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Our hotel will start 122 guest rooms renovation start from end of Mar. 2014, to replace furniture, TV set, part of renovation in bathroom, repainting on the wall, replace new curtain, etc, especially change the bed as sweet bed style, that is more comfortable than before and people can enjoy the pleasant sleep during the night time. For the linen, we're planning to purchase some new one to replace the old one, in order to improve our production quality.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. Meanwhile, we'll keep encourge our staff to remain the helpful and passional service as well.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and look forward to welcoming you soon

Hotel Management

Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

I travelled here on a solo business trip, March 2013.

The hotel has a rather run down feel to it.

My room was a non-smoking room that completely stank of smoke & had cigarette burns on the floor & towels. The bathroom was tiny & had quite a lot of mould in the shower area. I switched rooms into a worse room, the bathroom stank of stale urine... It was overwhelming.

The TV has zero English channels & the internet is only wired, unless you stand down at reception for wifi.

The staff talk next to NO English - This includes the reception staff.

Good points:

- The hotel is VERY basic but in general is clean & tidy.
- The location is good.
McDonalds/KFC/Irish Pubs are all very close by.
- Cheap, no frills, ok for a quick stay (1-3 nights max).

Overall: a really poor hotel in need of a major overhaul, in the rooms especially.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest,

For your mentioned points, I'm please to advised that we'll do 122 guest rooms renovation to change the bad equipment condition after hotel running for 10 year, also we'll train our staff more for room arrangement especially non-smoking room, to ensure to meet guest expectation. Meanwhile, we'll recruit the staff who can speak basic English in future, meet guest requiry.

Hotel Management Team

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Truly a budget hotel. Rooms are a let down, very ordinary and with minimum luxury. Staff doesn't know English and hence be prepared for a hard time. request for a tooth brush took 1 hour that too i had to go down to the reception and interact with 3 different people to make myself clear. mostly ate outside hence cant say about food. Only plus is the location, centrally located, quite near the train station.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AbbhinavT
Han J, Front Office Manager at Ibis Tianjin TEDA, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We'll train our staff more for their English and effeciency improve, in order to meet guest expectation as well.

Hotel Management Team