All reviews executive room recommend this hotel stayed for nights internet connection business hotel basin stable china bath
Reviewed 11 December 2017

5 star experience at a very affordable rate during normal times.
Apart of some missing keys in the automatic piano desperately playing in the hall I'd say the best experience for me in Tianjin so far in terms of hotel.
The first night I tried the restaurant and buffet at the ground floor. I ended up overpaying a mediocre nashi-goreng served with uncooked chicken wings after hovering a moment over the buffet items and noticing the ugly and old look they had.
But that was still a great meal compared t the breakfast.
I confirmed that the same kitchen team is in charge also of the breakfast and that explained a few things.
To make it short I can say that the only nice stuff was some of the fresh fruit, although it was served in coarsely and not conveniently cut large chunks, and a sort of dark bread loaf. I trusted the packed yoghurt and butter and some cereals. All the rest, and I tried every items, did not reach my stomach as I could not manage to swallow them.
Apart of total lack of basic cooking skills, I had the strong feeling that someone managed to put a chauvinist Western chef in charge of the Asian items and vice versa for the Western ones. Even the ingredients were plainly wrong. I even found an anonymous honey jar containing a gluey slime with a very suspect jelly consistence and undefinable taste.
The waiters were very solicit asking whether I wanted any drink and trying to collect unfinished dishes, but never able to bring my cappuccino well after my breakfast was over.
I'd have rather preferred to gain access to the kitchen and prepare my own stuff, even still paying the breakfast fee.

Room Tip: I was in 908 and flashes from a road traffic barrier not far where disturbing despite the curtins
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Jayne Y, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tianjin Mei Jiang Nan, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Dear Guest
Thanks so much for taking your time to share your feedback with us. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience our service may have caused you, I will pay more attention to require our staff service.We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for one week, very well furnished and an ideal business traveller hotel. Would stay again. The bed was very comfortable, inclusive wifi internet available and the breakfast were varied and ideal for many cultures.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 14 October 2017

I have spent over 30 nights in this hotel since last year. It is my second choice in Tianjin downtown if Marriot is not available.

The location is convenient. Meijing International Exhibition Center, the host of bi-year Davos Forum, is just 1-minute walk on the west. And about 30 minutes drive from the airport. If you take train, there is a metro route connecting here and the railway station.

And there is a small lake on the east of hotel, many villas surrounding. Most rich people in Tianjin live in this district. The view if great if the weather is good enough and the air pollution is not a problem.

My favorite part of this hotel is the bath basin in the executive room. It is a huge round bath basin, a man like my size, 180+cm and over 100kg, could be accommodated easily and comfortably. The other part of the room is regular, meet the standard of Crowne Plaza.

The executive lounge is on the 24th floor, with good view and poor drink. The quality of happy hour depends on luck, so do remember control your expectation.

In most cases, the service is fine but sometimes not quite stable, so don’t be surprised if you are treated in unmatured way. If this tragic accident happened, just call the service center and spend some time to solve it, if you are not busy.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Xinrun D
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I been on the hotel on sept 2017, I have to say that was wonderfull, clean, new, big rooms, front desk excellent; breakfast...... a loooooot of choose, all kind of food, wifi working on all builing.... I strongly recomend it!!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2017

The hotel is more located close to industrial areas than to the city center. It has international standards, although it is chinese influenced. The staff, except the reception personnel hardly speaks English. But the friendliness and willigness to help overcomes that. Ordering laundry service via telephone failed, but service personnel came with the manager on duty personally to my door to clarify my needs.

Breakfast has a wide variety. You find continental breakfast but also here a focus on Chinese breakfast. Most of the guest were Chinese, but this a pleasant experience to be more "local".

For business purposes I can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business