All reviews lake view business trip great hotel marriott hotels rainfall shower each evening breakfast restaurant the ground floor club level chinese new year quiet room stay at this hotel again luxury hotel comfortable rooms pleasant stay swimming pool gym
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

I'm appreciating the floral artistry on display at this hotel. I have frequented the hotel over 20 times and the flowers have always been fresh and bright. It's so nice to see the care and effort given towards the guests a they visit the property. I have posted more on my own tianjinandjuice.com. I plan to visit again tomorrow as the desserts at the breakfast are fresh and the servers are very friendly.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2016

I stay at Lakeview Renaissance Hotel for business. I like the environment on the north side. It has a lake and creates quiet background for the rooms facing the lake. As a platinum member, I was upgraded to the junior suite room. My rating is based on their gym on the second floor and the executive lounge on eleventh floor. The staff at the lounge works hard to accommodate the guest's request and sometimes limited resource. My special thanks to 'Pan' who managed the staff very well. There was an intern named 'Joy' during this visit and it was delightful to see the young intern works hard to learn the ropes by reaching out to the guests. Hope she will become the regular employee at Marriott and bring some of her new and fresh idea to the Marriott.

Room tip: For quiet room, ask for lake view.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2016

Marriott has always been known for its good service and excellent hotel. I had a fantastic experience in Renaissance Tianjin Lakeview Hotel. In fact, it is the best Marriott hotel I have stayed in China so far after visiting quite a few chains in other cities. Here are the reasons why and the areas they can make themselves perfect:

Strengths
1. The service is excellent. If there was a score of 10 I could give, I will give it 11/10 for the quality of service among staff who attended to me. What makes the staff of this Marriott chain stand out over other Marriott branches I have visited is the extra mile they went to make their customers happy. The first group are the staff who worked behind the scene replying my emails. As I have never been to Tianjin before, I will naturally have many queries over where are the interesting tourist spots, what are the malls outside the hotel and whether its possible to arrange a tennis coach. What impressed me was that the manager Tina who attended to me was very prompt in answering my emails. She also helped me plan the itinerary, including the tennis sessions and suggested place to visit through email. She also went an extra mile by emailing me during my stay to check if there are additional areas during help. This is excellent service I don't normally find in 5 hotels. I received excellent service the moment I during my stay too, from the staff at the front desk (Gordon, the few ladies during the night shift and the the young guy in charge my car booking), the gym staff (the lady at night and the tall slightly plump young guy in the morning), the young big size porter who helped to carry my luggage all the way to my room in the evening without prompting and the tennis coach Mr Liu (that I learned quite a bit about warm-up during our fun tennis session). The checkout team are always patient in answering my questions and even followed me to my car during the checkout. Every 5 star hotel has similar facilities. But it is these experiences that creates pleasant memories that makes the stay special. Keep up the good work.

2. I am in awe with the beauty of the hotel, both the interior and exterior. The view from the room is amazing. It is greenery with a beautiful lake. The first thing I did when I opened the door to my room was to walk straight to the window and stare in awe with the beautiful scenery at sunset. I love the facilities in my room as well. The hot water heats up very fast. This is really a plus point after a long day of work. The bathing gels and shampoo smell very aromatic and feels good when I applied too. There is also a coffee maker in the room and some abstract paintings. There are three other areas that stand out. The first is the glass roof. When I stand at the corridor of my room and look up, the view is quite nice. During the daytime, it brings natural sunlight to the corridors and makes me pause for a while to admire it. It will definitely be a beauty if there was a full moon at night. The second area is the garden surrounding the hotel. I walked around the garden in the morning after breakfast and felt relaxed. The garden is well-maintained. The gym is one of the biggest I have ever seen and facilities are excellent with new equipment like Concept 2 machine. The indoor tennis court is well-maintained and air conditioned. It is clear that the management spent a lot of time maintaining the facilities.

3. The spread of breakfast is not as many as other 5 star hotels, but they offer sufficient variety. There are some Korean and Indian dishes as well. The freshly squeezed juice at the counter is the highlight. It is a great counter to have to add on to the vibrant breakfast ambiance. The team was also very fast in clearing the plates.

4. Security is good. Card access is needed to reach the rooms. There are also security guards in white uniform patrolling at the garden entrances to the hotel.

5.The area is very quiet and at times deserted. There are also no shopping malls or eateries within walking distance. It appeals to people looking for quiet hotels to recharge.

6. There is a good mix of local and international TV channels. For international travellers, there are channels like National Geographic, HBO Asia, Star Movies, CNN and Star Sports.

Areas to improve

1. The wifi is inconsistent. I often lose reception especially in my room. The wifi works better with laptops than mobile devices.

2. The toilet paper in the hotel room is a bit rough for a 5 star hotel.

3. I ate at the Chinese restaurant on one of the days. The food was very good but the serving was a bit too big, especially the noodles. Perhaps the hotel can provide menu with smaller serving for single patrons.

4. The hotel is showing signs of age. There are some small chips on the wall. One area they can consider upgrading first without major refurbishments can be the TV. Most 5 star hotels are equipped with 43 to 50 inch TVs in the rooms.

5. The non front desk support staff can be a bit awkward. They are the white shirt security staff near the gate and the cleaners at the ground floor. When you walk pass them, they either look away or does not know how to react when I wanted to smile and acknowledge them. Perhaps they are a bit shy.

In summary, I will strongly recommend this hotel looking for a relaxed holiday away from the city. There is this aura of serenity and peace you don't get in hotels located near the city. The areas for improvement are minor and in no ways affected my beautiful memories of the hotel.

Room tip: Choose a room with a view of the lake
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
RH_Tianjin_Lakeview, Public Relations Manager at Renaissance Tianjin Lakeview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2016

Dear Sir, Greetings from Renaissance Tianjin Lakeview Hotel! First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to leave comment. We are so touched and honored that we can received so much positive feedback from you, we do value your response and your comments and suggestions have been shared with management team. However the response we supposed to leave to you was accidental gave to another account, and at the same time another response was sent to you. We would like to apologize for this mistake and sincerely sorry for the confusion. The wrong message has been deleted. And we sincerely wish if you have plan to visit Tianjin again, we are always your first choice. For further assistance please feel free to contact me via melissa.zhang@marriott.com.
Thank you again for choosing Marriott.

Melissa Zhang
Marketing Communication Manager
Renaissance Tianjin Lakeview Hotel

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

I was thinking Renaissance in China shouldn't be bad for a one night stay. I have to re-think after experiencing a night stay in this hotel. Location is good, easy access by subway and lots of food choices around this hotel.

Got upgraded at check in even though I'm nobody in their membership plan. The junior suite is nice with one combined bath and toilet, I would expect one more toilet as it's common in suites. Decoration and furniture are dated. Looks like they are in the 90's. I don't think I can recommend this to my friends if they come to Tianjin.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Sir, Greetings from Renaissance Tianjin Lakeview Hotel! First of all I would like to thank you for taking you time to leave comment. Based on your response we are wondering the hotel you stayed was probably Renaissance Tianjin Downtown Hotel which located in He Ping District and has subway nearby and lots of food choices around this hotel, which is another Marriott hotel in Tianjin. To further improve our guests experience we would like to learn more from your comment and share with our associates. For further assistance please feel free to contact me via melissa.zhang@marriott.com.
Thank you again for choosing Marriott.

Melissa Zhang
Marketing Communication Manager
Renaissance Tianjin Lakeview Hotel

Reviewed 6 June 2016

Great hotel. most of the staff were friendly but spoke little english which got tricky at times. Apart from that it was great. Service was great. Room was quite spacious and my view overlooking the lake was outstanding.

Date of stay: November 2015