All reviews heavenly bed italian restaurant prego spg hotels the club lounge spent one night high marks massage chair nice hotel during rush hour club manager platinum member business or pleasure great room western food business trip the ground floor high tea
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

The stay at The Westin Tianjin was perfect.
Check In procedure was very quick, the personal was very friendly and english skills of the personal were good.
A special thanks to the Club Lounge Manager Jenny. It was a very warm and super friendly welcome and treatment. Also all the other staff of the Club Lounge was very friendly. Food offer was yammie.
See you soon again.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
TheWestinTianjin101, 总经理 at The Westin Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Dear pfacky,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure to learn of our guests’ experiences through reviews like this!

I am delighted about your nice words about our service and food offered in Club Lounge. All the Westin Executive Club and Suite accommodation can relax in the Westin Executive Club Lounge which is sweeping city views.

It's great to know that you will come back again soon, we look forward to welcoming you back soon at The Westin Tianjin!

Reviewed 8 May 2017

I'm a Platinum member of Starwood Hotel Group. Now I want to express my personal thanks to Tianjin Westin Hotel because of the unforgettable experience during my last stay. 1) Bigger room upgrade and personal pillows preparation in advance. 2) Welcome fruits and special bottle of red wine preparation when I check ed in. 3) Very polite and warm services were provided in VIP club lounge, such as: personal favorite breakfast preparation and special cocktails offer during happy hour time. 4) City tours guidance and assistance after working time by Jenny who is the club lounge manager.
Thanks again and I will back soon!

Room tip: Best views
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
TheWestinTianjin101, General Manager at The Westin Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for you valuable feedback! It is always a pleasure to learn of our guests’ experiences through reviews like this!

I am delighted about your nice words about our service. Our staffs are always willing put their effort on providing our guests a pleasant stay. And as you mentioned, all the Westin Executive Club and Suite accommodation can relax in the Westin Executive Club Lounge which is sweeping city views.

It's great to know that you will come back again for your second stay, we look forward to welcoming you back soon at The Westin Tianjin!

Reviewed 28 April 2017

We were upgraded to the Club FLoor, because, my brother had a Platinum Status. My wife's and I were in 1704 and my brother and his wife in 1713. Our room was slightly bigger but, you can see it had seen many guests before. In our room, one of the electrical sockets did not work and after calling housekeeping, the technician said it could not be fixed, and did not give us a reason why it could not be fixed. Similarly, the USB sockets also did not work and we were to to charge our devices using another socket. For a five star hotel, you would expect better answers to the problems.
Other than that, the club floor people were helpful although they had to check things first before giving you a direct answer. Breakfast was ok, a large variety of stuff to eat. However what spoilt our mood was, the LOUD China people and one lady even touched food with her hands to see if it was hot or not, then instead of taking it she just walked away. Such crude behavior is common amongst the China people. Disgusting!!!
SO, the next day, we decided to eat at the Club Floor, where there no China people behaving rudely.
Overall, it was ok. if it was not for my brother wanting us to stay there, we would have stayed at the Shang.
The ONLY good point of this hotel is the beds, my wife really liked the beds. You have to sleep on one to know how good it feels.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TheWestinTianjin101, General Manager at The Westin Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Greetings GLLK54,

Firstly thank you very much for staying with us during your and your family's recent visiting in Tianjin.

I'm glad to hear that you and your wife were enjoyed our Club lounge and Heavenly Beds®. As you mentioned, all the Westin Executive Club and Suite accommodation can relax in the Club Lounge which is sweeping city views.

It is regrettable to hear that some aspects of your stay were unsatisfactory, please accept my sincerest apologies for these experiences that you encountered.

We appreciate your valuable feedback which helps us to constantly strive to improve our facilities and service.

As you may know that The Westin Tianjin opened on 2010, some facilities need to do the maintenance and upgrading after 7 years high occupied. We have already taken this plan on board to offer our guests more convenience during their stay.

Besides, please rest assured that we will double our efforts to ensure that all our staff are extremely well trained in all aspects of service delivery.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback, and I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you to Tianjin again where we will do our utmost to exceed your expectations.

Kindly regards,

Reviewed 22 April 2017

The hotel is very near to the metro station. You can take the train from Tianjin Station, just three stations away. You can hit the Fifth Avenue within 5 minutes walking from the hotel. There are shopping centres around. The room is spacious, comfortable and well kept. Staff at the concierge is very helpful, they provide suggestions to help you plan your trip. Staff at the Chinese restaurant was helpful and friendly and the food is good.
Room for improvement in the housekeeping department. We are a group of 3 but the utilities in the bath room is only cater for two people. It took us more than half an hour to have our request fulfilled with reminders.

Room tip: Very easy to move around
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
TheWestinTianjin101, 总经理 at The Westin Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Dear Chuphungm,

Firstly thank you for choosing The Westin Tianjin during your recent visit in Tianjin and for you valuable feedback!
It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our service, signature spacious rooms and convenient location. Our staffs are always willing put their effort on providing our guests a pleasant stay.
However, please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences experienced during your stay. Your valuable feedback helps us to constantly strive to improve our service.
Once again thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you so we can make your next stay better.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

This was the first time I have stayed in this hotel after using the Renaissance for 15 years. I have to say that I was very impressed, good staff on reception, nice comfortable room, good executive lounge although the food in the lunge could have been better, and a big bonus was that the wifi worked well - it doesn't in my hotels in China!

Room tip: I think all the rooms will be very good in this hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
TheWestinTianjin101, General Manager at The Westin Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Greetings James L,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for you valuable feedback!
It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and executive lounge and especially the internet. As you mentioned, all the Westin Executive Club and Suite accommodation can relax in the Westin Executive Club Lounge which is sweeping city views.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon at The Westin Tianjin!