Review Highlights
Fishing in paradise

Had a great time reeling in a yellowfin tuna. Luke was super helpful and made it easy. Huge thank... read more

Reviewed 7 November 2018
Lindsay S
Mission
via mobile
Superb day out.

Started the day with a quick safety briefing. Followed by instant fishing whilst leaving the... read more

Reviewed 18 October 2018
Daniel G
via mobile

All reviews yellowfin tuna fish shared charter sea legs friendly crew light lunch comfortable boat boat ride great trip great morning my partner thanks guys kevin strike boys rod fads
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Hubby and I had an awesome day out on the sea with Seafari
The guys knew their stuff and we were stoked with our catch. Their knowledge was amazing and we would highly recommend this little adventure to anyone
Can’t wait to go back one of these days

Date of experience: October 2017
Ennael2013, Owner at Seafari Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Thankyou so much for the great feedback. Very happy to hear you had a great experience. We would love to host you again next time you are in Rarotonga

Reviewed 24 November 2017

1st time with the new owners, who are just awesome people. Made us feel very welcome and nothing was to much. The experience was just brilliant. Would recommend Seafari Fishing Charters to everyone. Perfect weather, perfect ocean and perfect hosts. We will be back. Leanne and family you were just the best xx

Date of experience: October 2017

Thank you for the awesome feedback, really glad you had a great time!
Hope to host you again someday

Reviewed 31 March 2017

It was not the day we expected, was promised, what we paid for, and definitely not the day we wanted.
From the beginning I knew this was not going to be good. For one its this slow old tug boat. We got there and the Skipper didnt even ask for our names! We asked for his and that was it. The Deck hand was equally as articulate.
We got on board and the Deck hand put out the lines, with OLD bait. Seriously the fish was rotten old bait, that as keen fisherman, and woman with experience, knew that, that bait would never stay on.
We spoke to the Deck hand an asked him a few questions. He would answer with as few words as possible. We then just went in the cab as it was so hot. You are promised lunch on the charter - IT IS NOT LUNCH. Its a Tupperware container with about 5 little club sandwiches, about 4 soggy aspragus rolls, and 2 pieces of old hard quiche. It was actually appalling. Then we realize, actually that little bit of food isnt just ours, ITS TO BE SHARED WITH THE CREW! What the actual hell. We paid $500 for a private charter, to not be spoken to, to catch ZERO fish, to have a tiny bite of food to be shared with the crew which was terrible. Given only warm water when its 35dg out! Then to disembark and be told oh yeah its hard fishing at the moment, our last charter earlier this week caught nothing as well. WELL WHY WOULDNT YOU TELL US THAT EARLIER! We wouldnt have gone out and wasted our time and money.
When we got in and the Deck hand pulled in the lines there was nothing on them. At all. He also never changed the bait the entire 5 hours we were out. Most likely the rotten old bait fell off as soon as we left the harbour. To not change the bait after all that time, shows us that no one was actually really trying. It was terrible.

Having emailed back and forth regarding the likelihood of catching when I booked, I was told that it was pretty much a sure thing.
I never thought there was a chance you could get nothing at all.
We felt cheated of our money, our experience, and really disappointed with the behavior and service by Seafari. There was never any conversation of a partial refund, or a chance to go out again if they had another charter, no sorry, just oh well dont let it put you off game fishing. Well, we are well and truly put off Seafari.
Having read these other reviews, I would never had chosen it. I read Wahoo Charter reviews which is another Raro charter service, and all their reviews are amazing. Even the ones where they caught nothing, the Skipper was friendly an told them about the area, the sea, and they were given fish from the following charters they did if they caught!
As I work in travel, I wont be recommending this.
It put a serious dampener on our whole holiday and a bad taste in our mouth, which was really disappointing for our trip. We were really looking forward to it and it was just absolutely crap all round.

Date of experience: March 2017
1  Thank Abbey H
Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

Spent the day out on the boat with my partner whilst visiting Rarotonga from Australia. It was a great experience and we caught a heap of big fish. The owners are very friendly and welcoming with prompt responses to emails. Before we left the boat they cut up one of the fishes we caught and that was our meals sorted for the next 3 days.. good way to save money.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 21 September 2016

I contacted Seafari before I went to Rarotonga and received a very prompt reply organizing a couple of options. When I arrived in Rarotonga I was contacted by Sharon and a date and time was organised. Unfortunately the other participants withdrew and that day had to be postponed and it was organised that I would go fishing on the Sunday. It turned out I was the only one on board besides Kevin and Ngu (skipper and crew) so I was doubly appreciative that they had decided to take me out by myself as I was going home the next day.
It was also my 60 birthday present from my wife and part of our 35th Wedding Anniversary so was doubly important to me.
The day started well with a double strike on 2 small tuna just as we were leaving the harbour! Then a short while later a triple strike on Mahimahi which was awesome. I don't know how but I ended up with the larger fish and had a great time fighting it as it danced across the sea and put up a fantastic display for me.
Things went a bit quiet after that for a while then Skipper, Kevin, said we would head to a certain spot where he knew there were big tuna and WOW, I got hooked into a 54kg Yellow Fin Tuna!
What a fight that was and what excellent support I got from Ngu (crewman) and Kevin as I brought the fish alongside.
Then to finish the day off as I was winding in a line,bang another Mahimahi got hooked up and it was all on just outside the harbour.
Fantastic fun and an awesome outfit to have take me out for my first game fishing adventure.
Thanks to the Guys at Seafari Fishing Charters.

Date of experience: September 2016