Review Highlights
Awesome experience to share the ocean with Humpback whales

Everyone should swim with whales at least once in their lives and should do it soon before it gets... read more

Reviewed 13 February 2020
S1646KRdavidl
Simply Wow and deeply moving

Swimming with the whales was a spiritual and exciting experience, Sabri and his team were fun and... read more

Reviewed 25 December 2019
lizgraham_11
Petaluma, California

All reviews moorea beach whale swim tour leader boat captain recommend this trip humpback whales amazing experience sabri tonga mairie seas wildlife safety ocean tahiti
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 December 2019

We booked with whale swim adventures to go on 8 days of whale swimming and it was just brilliant, everyone is supportive and friendly and they really make sure you are looked after as well as get good experiences.

Swimming with whale is amazing, the water is very clear and warm and it is just magical.

The lodges where you stay and beach are also very beautiful and comfortable, there are activities and small shops close by - the island itself is truly like something out of a magazine.

I can't recommend this tour provider or tour enough and plan to use them again in the future, it was without doubt the trip of a lifetime :)

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 9 December 2019

Incredible life changing experience. Better than I ever imagined. (Small selection of my GoPro photos attached to my review)

Whaleswim have the best boat on Moorea for swimming with whales, with loads of space, shade, seating and easy access to and from the water. One member of the boat crew (Teri’i) stayed on the boat whilst the boat captain (Marie) and tour leader (Sabri) accompanied and guided us in the water to maximise our whale experience combined with keeping us safe.

Very professionally organised and supervised. Safety of guests combined with well being of the whales was paramount.

I have no hesitation in recommending Whaleswim in Tahiti (Moorea) and will definitely use them again.

Reviewed 9 December 2019

Amazing experience better than we could have imagined everyone in the tour was fabulous and we would recommend this trip 100% just brilliant. The boat was excellent and we felt that we were on the best tour and our interaction with the whales was unbelievable

Reviewed 15 October 2019

I cannot express how wonderful my experience was with whale swim! The accommodations were really nice. From the coordination of the trip before going all the way through arriving at the hotel, we had no worries the whole time and everything was taken care of. Annah and Michael were our guides and they were so fantastic! They made sure our safety was priority and of course assuring we had the best oceanic adventure with swimming with whales! Helping with our gear, giving us tips, planning everything ahead of time, etc. Rain or shine that is their priority. We were able to have some unforgettable experiences with whales and we couldn’t have had the experience we did without our skipper Noah as well. His knowledge of how to spot the whales is a science and so unique. The whole crew worked really hard to make sure we had an unforgettable time and they were very respectful and conscious of the whales safety as well. On the slower days we also had unforgettable times exploring different areas and one of my favorite moments was eating our packed lunches in a picturesque spot you could only dream of. The people were fantastic and happy to say probably life long friends. Everyone got along great and had a wonderful time. The team really puts your experience as a priority and we are looking forward to book with this company again as soon as we can make another trip happen. I highly recommend whale swim to everyone.

Reviewed 31 March 2019

WhaleSwim Adventures in Moorea is an amazing lifetime experience. Rae has a wonderful company and a fantastic crew. The organisation prior to the trip was fantastic. Plenty of correspondence and information given. I was picked up at the ferry port without any problem. The accommodation was superb. I'm trying to think how to describe it. Small place with about maybe 10 rooms, some overlooking the beach, others looking into the private garden. Yes, the rooms were on the small side but when you've come to Tahiti to swim with humpback whales how long are you actually going to spend in your room!? There were clean and comfortable and beautifully decorated. The location was excellent - sat right on the beach and a 5 minute walk to where you get picked up from for the whales. There is no hotel restaurant but a fantastic kitchen where you can prepare your own meals. Breakfast for us was organised by an outside company and although a little bit on the slow side (with regards to getting to the boat on time) it was lovely. Some evening meals were provided by an outside company also and were all very nice.

Now onto the whales. AMAZING. The boat was large, spacious and comfortable and was perfect for getting on and off into the whales. The skipper was a man of few words but he was obviously passionate about the whales and seemed to be able to 'read' the whales well and knew when was a good time to get in the water and when it wasn't. We had incredible days out on the water. There are always going to be days which are a bit on the disappointing side (ie very few whales) but that's nature for you and why it's especially good to go with a company like this where you have several days on the water. The half day trips were a perfect time as usually it didn't take long to find the whales and it gave me the opportunity to go diving.

This is my second trip with WhaleSwim and both have been fantastic. Both times I have been fortunate enough to be with a wonderful group of people, all who are equally as passionate about whales as me.

Date of experience: October 2018