“Gyro”

Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Bethel
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Reviewed 14 March 2017

The best Gyro and best pizza in Bethel. This is the place to go for lunch or dinner. Friendly people. Bring cash, no credit cards accepted.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

This family-owned restaurant has great food - and the staff is friendly and welcoming. I especially love the white pizza....best ever and a wonderful surprise to find in a remote area of Alaska.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

Dimitri's specializes in Greek and Italian cuisine. The food is wonderful. I had my favorite food - lasagna. The sauce is home made and the portion provided me with both lunch and dinner that day. The Italian spices and mixed melted cheeses made you not want to swallow, but savor the flavors forever! Some of my friends order the gyro pita sandwich and they said is was awesome!

Reviewed 12 September 2016

Joined a local Bethel friend at Dimitri's for lunch on a Wednesday. We were there about noon. The exterior of the facility was under construction. It was an obvious local favorite with more than half of the 50 or so seats taken. There was a mixture of tattered booths and scuffed up chairs and tables for seating. The restrooms could use a coat of paint.

They were already out of their popular gyros; so, my friend and I both ordered their turkey pitas with sides of lemon chicken soup. The soup was amazingly delicious. It was a cream based soup that was both refreshing and comforting in flavor. The pita was certainly adequate.

Service was familiar and forgivable if not speedy. An older woman, who knew my friend, forgot our drinks and had to be reminded. One threesome in spandex sat at the booth next to us. After 5 or more minutes of not being served, they walked out. Had they waved, I felt certain someone would have come over.

I enjoyed my meal. $35 for both of us.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Okay, there aren't many places to eat in Bethel and the prices are high for obvious reasons but we enjoyed our lunch at Dimitri's. The wait staff were friendly, the tea was tasty and the food was pretty darn good. The place was full of locals (not many tourists in Bethel) and all the plates I observed looked terrific.