Review Highlights
Exceptional service and experience!

Captain Roberto and first mate Mako provided us with an experience we will never forget. Starting... read more

Reviewed 11 September 2018
Brent H
Charleston, South Carolina
Top notch service

My group of 6 did a 3/4 day offshore on the 36' Bertram. We caught at least 30 Mahi. The crew... read more

Reviewed 3 June 2018
Sally W
via mobile

All reviews hot lunch sport fishing costa rica top notch catch fish tuna oscar bertrand sailfish charter crew boat mate ii dorado baits
Reviewed 4 June 2015

I visited Quepos, Costa Rica with friends in Feb 2015. While I am an avid freshwater fisherman from Central Canada, my friends aren't. It was fantastic to find a charter company like Reel In Luxury sport fishing which caters to bringing solo fishers like myself together to share an offshore charter. I shared a charter with Bruce from Florida and Chuck from Iowa. We had a fantastic day on the water, each of us landed 2 big fish. A total of 5 sailfish (pez vela) and 1 dorado. Some of the sailfish were over 100 lbs. The captain and crew knew their stuff and kept us out of harms way when they landed the fish. Fish were handled quickly and ethically to minimize harm. A very professional operation.It was my first offshore fishing experience and it was absolutely wonderful.
Remember to bring your camera, a hat, sunscreen and wear a long sleeve shirt if you can. It is very hot out on the water, but you can always take shelter in the A/C cabin. All food and drink is supplied and it was very good.
I highly recommend this fishing charter company and will use them again on my next trip to Costa Rica. Pura Vida

Date of experience: February 2015
ReelInsportfishing, Owner at Reel In Luxury Sport Fishing, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2015

Thank you very much for your thoughtful and generous review of your experience aboard one of our Reel In Luxury Sport Fishing Yachts.
We pride ourselves on our service, and appreciate your taking the time to express your impressions of how well we succeeded in achieving our desired goal of providing you with a safe and pleasant day of fishing. We hope to see you again, and would look forward to sharing another day of thrilling Big Game Fishing, here in Manuel Antonio, Quepos. Don't forget to check our online, YouTube videos of exciting action, aboard our Luxury Yachts. Sharing the videos with friends will lend veracity to your "tall fishing tales".

Reviewed 28 May 2015

Went out on the Reel In I for a full day offshore trip. The entire team was friendly and easy to work with. The breakfast and lunch + coffee/drinks they provided was a nice touch that I do not get back in New York when I go fishing.

The crew was professional and knowledgable and worked diligently throughout the day to maximize our chances of a good catch.

The only downside was that we did not catch as much as I had hoped for and I was not able to land anything I could keep in order to eat. However I would not fault the crew for this. It is fishing after all and some days will be better than others, also it was the low season. However we still managed to catch three bonito and two sailfish. Being that it was my first time to ever catch a sailfish it was pretty exciting!!!

So if catching 5 fish is considered a slow day fishing than I would certainly work with them again if I ever make it back to Quepos, especially if it is during the high season.

Would absolutely recommend these guys!!

Date of experience: May 2015

Reviewed 18 May 2015

The captain and crew were great. The boat is nice has AC and the 2nd mate made nice food for us. Mandel found another couple to share the expenses and when no other boats were catching sails our captain put us onto 4 beautiful sailfish, two were well over 100 pounds. The 1st mate really knows his stuff, great fisherman.!! The other couple had never landed sailfish so fun to see them having a blast as well. I recommend if your in Quepos and want to fish check these guys out.

Date of experience: May 2015

Reviewed 7 May 2015

My family and I are avid fisherman but had never been off shore fishing before. We booked this trip in advance on the advice of someone in Costa Rica. We were told we would be picked up at our Villa by 6:30am. As promised the pick up happen and from that moment our experience was excellent! Breakfast and lunch were served on the boat, the boat was great, fishing was great, the crew worked hard for us and Manny (The manager??) was excellent to deal with!! My kids are still talking about catching sailfish. We landed 7 that day but it could have been more with a few that we lost......that's fishing! We would definitely do this again with the Reel In fishing group.

Date of experience: April 2015

Reviewed 21 April 2015

We fished with Reel In for one day of practice before the Offshore World Championships. The crew was awesome and did their best to prepare us for the 4 day tournament the following week. In total we hooked 16 and released 8 sailfish.

The tips helped and we did well in the tournament.

They are very receptive to everything and the food and snacks provided were excellent. I'd definitely charter them again if I'm in Costa Rics.

Pura Vida!!!