“Great outdoor space”
Terracotta tiled pool deck and the salt-water lap pool
Night-time view of the pool and deck is truly a sight to see Front entrance to the villa is a tropical courtyard garden behind a secure wall
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Terracotta tiled pool deck and the salt-water lap pool
Night-time view of the pool and deck is truly a sight to see
Front entrance to the villa is a tropical courtyard garden behind a secure wall
Large modern kitchen with island/bar and stainless-steel appliances
Fun bed lounger on the pool deck under a thatched canopy
Open concept great room with 2 leather sectionals and the kitchen
High-ceiling Great Room is the place to party with friends and family
Dining on the terrace for 10 people or large family, while on vacation
Master bedroom with king bed and private bath and an outdoor patio is easily accesible
Private Master bathroom with open-air rain shower a real treat while on vacation
Master bath with awesome décor from local area in Costa Rica
Unique open-air rain shower will be a real pleaser while on vacation, so start packing
Seating on the large terrace, and still lots of room for all
One of 3 queen bedrooms with gorgeous decor and comfortable bedding
Queen bedroom with terrace access and air-conditioning
Terrace seating area with a pool and jungle views for all to enjoy
Queen bedroom with air-conditioning and nice views from all points
Shared bathroom for the 2 queen bedrooms
Bathroom for the 2 queen bedrooms
Large salt-water lap pool
Titi monkeys come to visit often
Titi monkey ready for action at the pool
Colorful iguanas can be seen on the property. Don't worry they are benign beautiful creatures.
Sunset at nearby Playa Espadilla just 5 minutes from the villa
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Citydwell...
Manchester, England
“Great outdoor space”
Reviewed 27 August 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We booked this villa, through Escape Villas, because it looked great in the pictures and we wanted to be in Manuel Antonio itself – so we could walk to restaurants if we wanted to. It’s an easy walk to several restaurants and to the Super Joseth supermarket.

The main living area is huge and open plan – nicely decorated, very tasteful. Unlike the bedrooms it doesn’t have air conditioning, so you should be aware of this if it matters to you. There are two master bedrooms (one of them en-suite) and a smaller third bedroom in the house. The fourth room is below the main house.

The real star of the villa is the outdoor space: there’s a big covered terrace with a dining table and a pool that is maintained to a very high standard. I’ve never seen such an immaculate pool and we spent a lot of time in it! We had a lot of wildlife visitors to the garden: the highlights for us were a couple of toucans, a basilisk lizard, a poison dart frog and a very sleepy sloth (who toughed-out a big storm, curled up in the fork of a tree).

We stayed for six days and had planned to explore the surrounding area. As it was we enjoyed the garden and pool so much that we spent five days there, and one day in the national park. Great fun.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The outdoor space/pool
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
29 Aug 2016
Thanks for the great review. The pool and outdoor space is very popular with out guests. Like your own private jungle retreat. We hope to see you all again soon!
JesseBBB
“FIRST CHOICE”
Reviewed 29 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016

I just had two weeks back at Casa Carpe Diem and although I do not always review the places I go, feel this place warrants it. I stayed at this house back in August and now after being there a couple weeks ago and am so excited to leave San Jose in 2 days to return again for one more week at the beach! I have been coming to Costa Rica on a regular basis for 26 years and Manuel Antonio is my favorite beach. Casa Carpe Diem has become my favorite place to stay. I stay with other friends around the country and then have them come to the beach and stay to "repay" the favor. For that purpose, or for a family or group of friends, this house is prefect! The bedrooms are separated in the house in a private way and are very well appointed. The master suite is just terrific, and both "monkey" showers are very cool, especially if you have not had an out door shower - although they are attached to the inside. The common area and kitchen work great for entertaining a group as you cook. The veranda and pool are the centerpiece of the property. Both are the width of the house, 50 to 75' and flow together in a beautiful setting. The view into the mountains is spectacular and you can watch the monkeys and tucans as you have coffee in the mornings and afternoons. Luis and Yorleny are a great team taking care of the property; they seem to be there when you want them and not when you don't - not sue how they pull that off so well! Last time I was there the gas tank for the kitchen ran out, so I email Jeff the house host to see if we could get another. Then I thought, I should just message him on his cell so he would get the message quicker - before I could finish writing the message, there came Luis toting in a tank on his back to change it out. I have rented at least 6 other properties in the area over the years and Casa Carpe Diem is by far my favorite. Lastly, I will say one other great advantage is the location. where I use to have to rent a car when I rent a house, with Casa Carpe Diem it really is not necessary. You can walk to the market about a quick as drive, the bus stop is less than a block away, just so very convenient.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: privacy of the pool
Liked least: honestly, can not say a bad thing!
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
29 Jan 2016
Thanks Jesse for the review! We love hearing how much you enjoy Casa Carpe Diem. I'll let the monkeys and toucans know you'll be back for another week soon! Nos vemos pronto!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing