“Wonderful Trip To Jaco”
other travellers have booked this property
Hammock for lounging Lounging
Hammock for lounging
Lounging
View out your back door
Welcome to paradice
Relax in a beautiful tropical setting.
Brand new deluxe grill with burner. Place it anywhere you like of course.
Ripe and ready for our guest to eat in Oct 2016
New appliances and dining room set
new dining room set
Master Bedroom New Paint.
Master bedroom
Master Bedroom Bath
Bedroom # 2
Bedroom 3
Bathroom  # 2
Side patio ' Looking out towards the front of the house
Brand new blazing fastquad core PC with ssd drive
Entertainment Center/ telephone with free unlimited calls to USA and Canada Incoming # as well
More entertainment center
Down Town Jaco
More Down Town Jaco
Beach Fun
Jaco Water fall
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

vestersul...
Ohio
“Wonderful Trip To Jaco”
Reviewed 4 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at Casa Soli during our trip to Jaco, Costa Rica. We stayed for 10 days and truly enjoyed ourselves. Instead of staying at a resort or hotel we wanted to see what it would feel like to actually stay in a house and see how it would feel to actually live there. At no time did we ever feel afraid or uncomfortable riding around town or anywhere in Costa Rica that we visited.

As recommended by other review sI would definitely use the service of Glenn or Amin for getting from San Jose airport to Jaco if never been to Costa Rica especially due to fact that it gets dark around 6PM there which we were not expecting.

The home was very nice and comfortable when we arrived. Glenn showed us around the house some and it felt very much like home. The pool was very much, as in many other reviews, something to enjoy. While there a gentleman came by twice to clean it which meant a lot to my wife and I. The backyard is very scenic and private. We only used the grill once but it was ready for use.

One of the best parts was the availability of the bicycles. My wife and I spent the first week staying in Jaco and riding the bikes around town. It does feel like a free for all as there is no specific "right of way" given to cars, bikes, or people. If your using the bikes you basically have to just "go for it" when riding and just not worry about it.

As stated in one of the other reviews, we went up the hiking trail that is located on the south end of town across from the gas station on Hwy 34. There were signs posted about being private property but we could tell that it was open by there being containers located along the trail for people to put trash in. There were several locations to take pictures and were able to see a lot of Jaco from different vantage points. I would recommend walking the trail while there.

We used the services of Adventure Tours for a ride to a waterfall as well as doing a zip line. This was the first time with being on a zip line and it was OK. The waterfall tour was very very nice and I would recommend it. The trip took about 5 hours total but being able to stand with the water coming down on you from the waterfall and in swimming in the pool created by it is a once in a life time experience.

In regards to eating and prices it is, in my opinion, pretty expensive to eat in the local restaurants. We did buy some groceries and ate breakfast at the house all but twice and dinner a couple of times. The cost of bananas and pineapples were OK but watermelons and cantaloupes are pretty expensive as they are sold by their weight. I have listed below the places we ate at that were reasonably priced and the food was good in the order that we liked.

We did rent a car for a couple of days and would recommend using Alamo which is located on the main street in Jaco. They were very nice and price was good. We drove to Puntarenas and Manuel Antonio. Would recommend the beach at Manuel Antonio but did not see the need for the extra money for a tour guide to walk to the beach.

Overall, we really enjoyed ourselves while in Jaco. This was our first trip to Costa Rica and are thinking about going back again. I would definitely recommend Casa Soli to anyone going to Jaco as it met all of our expectations.

Places to Eat:
1. Soda Jaco Rustico - Very good food.
2. Soda Garabito - Chicken and fish very good.
3. Papas and Burgers - The burgers were excellent.
4. Kokomo - Very Very good wings and priced right at 25cents each
5. Don't remember name but a small bar with a soccer field just down street from house that had real good food and was able to watch live local soccer games.
6. Tacobar Jaco Beach - OK especially with the salad bar that is all you can eat.
7. Soda Milagro y Servicio a Domicilio de Gas - Good location and food OK
8. Mono Verde Bar & Grill - A little expensive but good for the first night we were there.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
kim a
“Vancouver ”
Reviewed 22 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

Awesome!
It's difficult to review Casa Soli without reviewing its external usefulness.
My girlfriend and I stayed for eight awesome days. We swam every morning, every night. The yard is so private that swim suits were never a thought. We used the kitchen always. Seafood can be bought cheaply at the ceviche bar on the Jaco main St (across from the gym)
Every meal we ate plantines and seafood. Breakfast was, tuna or marlin steak, eggs and fried plantines. Dinner was BBQ snapper
And salad. It cost us about $10 a day for our food. Also, most cantinas charge around 1000c for beer and 2000c for appys.
Casa Soli is close enough to the beach to walk; however we rented a motor cycle for the stay. That made it so easy to get to markets. However we still found great places to hike. Miro mt is only a short walk away. It's a good days hike. The views are fantastic. The entrance is across Hwy34 from the south Jaco gas station. You can hike up to the abandoned restaurant and get great views of Jaco. Carry on past and make you way up to the Miro house. The views are incredible from there. You can make your way down to Hermosa beach from the top. Bring good shoes it's a 6hr hike.
There is the Friday market by the soccer pitch. Lots of great fresh fruit, veg and fresh squeezed juice. All very cheap.
There is a fishermans coop in Tercoles. We bought a 4kilo snapper there for 4000c ( $8 U.S)
A note to other travellers:
If you want to spend lots off money, their are lots of places willing to help you spend it. However you can really have a good time cheap here. We spent a total of $700 while we were there. That included the motor cycle rental.
Before we arrived in Jaco we had read many advisories suggesting there was allot of tourist crime. We personally never witnessed anything. Conversely we felt safe everywhere we went. We were treated excellent everywhere.
I would go back there in a heart beat.

Robert W
“Flawless!”
Reviewed 27 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Casa Soli is where you want to be if you plan to be in Jaco Beach.

This was my first trip to Costa Rica. I booked the house only two weeks before I was to arrive. The owners Michael and Soli were traveling and could not be there for my arrival. They scrambled and enlisted the help of a friend (Glenn) to accommodate my dates. Glenn was superb. I spent a few days in San Jose at a hotel he recommended, then he picked me up and drove me to the house in Jaco, ensured access, showed me around, etc. He provided me with solid advice and information throughout my stay, not to mention some good conversation and laughs.

The house and its location are exactly as described. I wanted for absolutely nothing during my roughly three week stay, which I extended by another few days simply because I did not want to leave. Michael and Soli are as pleasant as they are honest and accommodating. They intuitively understand the differences in people that rent their beautiful home. For me, privacy was a priority. I went to Costa Rica to get away from things. Being a New Yorker, this includes people :-). Casa Soli is extremely private, yet very close to everything anyone would need or want.

I’ve traveled to many parts of the world. My trip to Costa Rica ranks near the top solely because of Casa Soli. Many, many, many thanks to Michael, Soli, Glenn and their grounds person (Danny I think?). You literally could not have done anything better. I will be back for sure.

Liked best: Privacy; Owners and support personnel; Location
Liked least: Does not apply
Travelling group: Solo
Large groups People with pets
wbailey6
Jaco, Costa Rica
“Stress Free”
Reviewed 1 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

I'm a seasoned traveler that has lived here in Jaco for several years. After recently returning to the states I have made it a habit to travel back to Jaco serval times a year.

I have stayed in the top resorts and also one room cabina's. This place is by far my favorite. I enjoy stress free travel and have come to appreciate lodging that contributes to this lifestyle. Casa Soli has all the comforts of home. Three bed rooms each with full size beds and individual A/C units. Washer/dryer, BBQ grill which we used almost every day!

Whenever I needed anything it was just a phone call away and usually taken care of within the hour!

Having bicycles on the property make it easy to get into Jaco from this centrally located house. Veggie stand, butcher shop and liquor store within walking distance.

This is my second stay here and hopefully not my last, but with all the good reviews it might be hard to book this place now!!

Liked best: Wifi,pool,BBQ grill, location
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Thomas065...
Swift Current, Canada
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 19 May 2015 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

I have stayed at the Casa Soli 3 times over last 4 years and have to rate everything at 5 stars.Micheal and Soli were excellent hosts and if there was a problem it was taken care of right away. The vegetable and meat market are very close which made it very convenient to buy and cook at Casa Soli. The shops ,stores ,beach were all within a 15 minute walk.The house was fantastic everything you needed to make the stay comfortable wifi,movies ,ac,private,quite,safe . The pool and 2 decks were great if you just wanted to take it easy ,keep cool read ect. The yard and pool are well taken care of. I am looking forward to going back to Casa Soli in the near future. Thanks Micheal and Soli

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Floating in a lounger in pool reading a good book
Liked least: Holiday goes to fast seems to short
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing