“inexpensive and casual eatery”

Mandarina Tropical Juice Bar
Ranked #4 of 9 Quick Bites in Tamarindo
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Best Smoothies and Taco Bar since 2004. Healthy food. Veggie options. PANINI- WRAPS-COFFEE-GRANIZADOS-JUICES-SHOTS-QUESADILLAS-BURRITOS-MILKSHAKES-BOWLS-SALADS-SMOOTHIES COMIDA TÍPICA- TACOS- ACAI BOWL
Reviewed 2 July 2022

I had an acai bowl here and it was delicious!

My husband had a panini and he enjoyed it. It was big so he was very full afterwards!

Date of visit: June 2022
1  Thank cookienavarro
Write a reviewReviews (167)

Reviewed 10 March 2022 via mobile

Healthy, Inexpensive and quick service. The smoothies are all natural and the tacos were amazing! The service and people accommodate any health restrictions.

Date of visit: March 2022
1  Thank jessep1
Reviewed 10 January 2022

Possibly the simplest of our Tamrindo restaurant choices, but every bit as yummy as the others. This is not an "ambience" or "watch the sunset" or "sit on the beach" place. You are on the sidewalk of the main road running parallel to the beach. But, the food is amazing!

A variety of tacos and fruit smoothies were enjoyed by our party. Every taco was something amazing. My favorite were the shrimp, which came with a fresh cut wedge of lemon (that had orange flesh which was intriguing to our group). Several different smoothie combinations were sampled and every one was yummy.

Order at the counter, find a shaded, breezy table for people watching, and soon the food is delivered by friendly and attentive staff.

Negative? small seating area - we had a table easily but we were eating slightly "off" primetime. And, no alcohol for those who need a boost to their smoothies or fruit drinks. Those are really minor negatives. We will return.

Date of visit: January 2022
1  Thank Oklahawg
Reviewed 27 December 2021 via mobile

The Acai would have been good unless ...The girl in the cashier was very rude and unpleasant. She decided upon herself to not give me the exact change just because she felt it's a little amount so I will be OK with it. She had the nerve to ask me if I understand what it 20 colones saying she "owes " me. But she was quick to charge me for some litte honey
The bill was 7,000 my charge 5,830 ( including tip) my change should have been 1,170 but got 1,150 just becsuse she felt like taking the 20 because it's very little. I am sure she was thinking I probably cheap which is far from the truth. I just believe in fairness.
I did leave some extra tip.
Hopefully lesson learned be fair be kind

Date of visit: December 2021
Reviewed 9 August 2021 via mobile

Stopped in to dodge the rain. Ordered fajita tacos and chicken burrito. They were so fresh and delicious. Playing looked great too. Great vibe , nice staff and fantastic food.

Date of visit: August 2021
1  Thank B31VSdavidh
Neisen, Propietario at Mandarina Tropical Juice Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2021

thank you, very much for your positive comments.