“Best surf school around plus lounge chairs/umbrella”
Review of Ticos Surf School

Ticos Surf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ticoss surf school is a costa rican family business that offer surf lesson all ages also kayak or SUP tours to isla chora. Also offer surf board, Sup, snorkeling gear,kayak and boggie board for rent Let us be part of your vacations in Costa Rica.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We discovered Ticos Surf School on our 3rd day by walking literally 30 steps to the left from the main entrance while looking for umbrella and chairs. Pablo was able to accommodate us right away and we have been coming there every day.
As my oldest daughter already had surf lessons, we were only renting a surf board for her and boogie board for my 6 year old. Two lounge chairs and umbrella cost us $14 for the whole day and if you do a combo, Pable works with you on the price to make it good for everyone. Even on our last day when we had few hours left before leaving Samara, Pablo gave me the lounges, surf board, etc - all for $15

In regards to the actual surf lessons, I am looking forward to coming back and do it myself in November. But of all the surf schools around, everyone who was taught by Ticos instructors were standing on the first day. Very impressive.

All reviews
"kayak"
in 7 reviews
"tico"

Reviewed 19 February 2018

My Husband took a private lesson from Johnny in Late Nov. He had taken a group class the year before from another surf company in Samara. But, needed a refresher after a year break. He very much appreciated Johnny's pointers and helpfulness. Friendly place and we kept coming back to rent spots while the hubby surfed...Thank you we will see you again

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We’ve had our first surf lesson ever with Andre and Andrès. After a very very good explanation and ‘dry’ practice, we’ve hit the water. After this great start, we felt like pro’s in the water! Taking the time and having patience to tell us over and over again, how to get better. Within 1 lesson we were standing and catching waves!!

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I took a surf lesson on New Year’s Day. Johnny was our instructor and he spent a lot of time teaching us surfing basics, emphasizing safety before we even got in the water. My husband is a little uncoordinated and Johnny would not give up until he successfully stood up on his board. We had so much fun! We keep saying it was a bucket list experience:) thanks Johnny!