Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 April 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and it didn’t disappoint. Our room was a short walk to the beach. It was affordable, clean and welcoming. We enjoyed the hammocks in the shade during the heat of the day. Highly recommend for a Costa Rican beach getaway.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2019 via mobile

The family who owns La Marejada takes such pride in their property and makes you feel right at home. The minute we arrived, Coco took us on a tour of the very clean hotel and shared information about activities, restaurants and excursions. Gail was always available to assist us with transportation needs and anything we needed. The beach is a short walk across the street with beautiful sunsets and fantastic surfing. Our beds were comfortable and the hotel was quiet during the day and night. We enjoyed yummy pancakes and coffee each morning and sushi for dinner. Oh, and the mojitos at happy hour are so refreshing! Hammocks are plentiful for siestas alongside a nice pool. It was a worry-free week at the La Marejada Hotel!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2018 via mobile

I spent a peaceful and relaxing week here while attending a Sister Surf & Yoga Retreat in November. I love this quaint, little hotel and this was my second time staying here. There is a glorious row of tall palm trees lining the walkway along the pool and a beautiful pink flowering tree that frames the second floor balcony. Once you step inside the gate you are in a pretty place with helpful, pleasant employees who make you feel at home. My room was clean and comfortable. I absolutely love the food at their open air restaurant. I highly recommend trying Marco’s Homemade fettuccine and ravioli, as well as the chocolate cake. The típico breakfast is my favorite and their sushi night is amazing too! Everything is good here. This is a great, affordable place to stay within walking distance to gorgeous Playa Grande beach!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

We had such a relaxing time at La Marejada.
La Marejada is especially perfect for surfers. Just a few stops out front and you’re at a world class wAve.
Gail and Marco were amazing hosts. They were able to answer all of our questions and went above and beyond when we needed assistance. I had the wrong board for the surf out front so Gail was kind enough to lend me her short board. When we were running late for the ferry into tamirindo she even gave us a lift to the ferry dock from a nearby hotel.
The rooms were very clean with great air conditioning.
The beautiful pool is tranquil and made us feel even more relaxed with the bubbling sound of the little waterfalls. There is an outdoor shower to wash the sand off you after a day at the beach and the hammocks in the shade to relax in after a day at the beach.
All the food at the restaurant was delicious an reasonably priced - we especially loved all the seafood dishes - fish tacos, tuna tartare and the Sunday special sushi night - some of the best sushi I’ve ever eaten ! - And the breakfast burritos are out of this world.
We had the best time and we can’t wait to come back to la Marejada again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2018

If you love surfing this is the hotel for you! Closest hotel to the beach very relaxing chilled laid back and amazing staff with pretty good restaurant options close to the hotel. Very clean, nice rooms and amazing staff. They will help you with anything. Best hotel near playa Grande!

Date of stay: December 2017