Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
US$78
Expedia.comUS$78
TravelocityUS$78
Orbitz.comUS$78
CheapTicketsUS$78
TripadvisorUS$78
eDreams
All reviews rooftop restaurant enjoyed my stay lookout town coco cabs
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 June 2019

I foolishly booked 8 months in advance - and then cancelled 6 months in advance because I was bringing my daughter. NON refundable 50% even 6 months in advance, I completely missed this - and they won't respond to me at all ZERO response or Expedia who I found them through - If they can't rent the place with 6 months open for 3 nights in high season than I was right to cancel. The worst is no response. Not impressed. Avid Traveller.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Chantel A, Manager at Chantel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2019

Hi, thanks for contacting us. We do not charge a 50% deposit 6 months in advance of booking. Also expedia does not charge a reservation for us, as we explained to you. There is a misunderstanding, can I suggest you look up the charge you think you have and email to us so we can help you find out what this charge is from? I can guarantee it isn't from us.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

I spent 4 nights at Chantel Suites and really enjoyed my stay. The location is amazing and the views are spectacular. Sunsets are not to be missed. The room I stayed in was clean and comfortable, the air conditioning worked well, and the shower had plenty of pressure. It was great to have a fridge to put my fresh fruit in, and have plates and cutlery. A bonus to have a safe available in the room. Wifi worked well. Anita, Chantel, and Mary are lovely hosts. I did eat at the Lookout and the food was wonderful. In the mornings I enjoyed a walk listening to the birds and howler monkeys.

Highly recommended!

Date of stay: December 2017
2  Thank spagoer888
Reviewed 15 March 2018

I have been fortunate enough to travel a lot of the world, and I have to say my recent trip to Costa Rica is high on my list of best experiences. I have never been too picky with accommodations and never rate my overall experience based on this, however, I always look for a clean, and comfortable place to lay my head at the end the day and Hotel Chantel well exceeded my expectations. I believe it has everything to do with your host and both Anita and Mary were truly superb. There was never anything they would not help with and went well beyond their call of duty. Rooms very well kept, and internet that worked, and to top it all of views to die for.

when booking this trip I did a lot of research and I myself resorted to trip advisor for reviews. Mostly every review was rated a 4 or 5 and they were exactly right. The hotel itself is up a very steep hill but once you are up there, the views are worth every climb. I went for a morning run most days and explored all around. Highly recommend if you do like to have a little exercise as you can either run one way, or climb to the very top the other. I did both and enjoyed all of it.

The one thing that I would now recommend after having spent 3 weeks there is to rent a car. The first week we did not have a car and took a taxi to and from town, and to a few nearby beaches. This did work, however after getting a car the second week in, my trip went from being good to one of the best ever. If you are an adventurous person like myself this is definitely something you would like to do. After a week only being able to explore Coco, I got a little bored and needed to seek out more places. There are too many places to name but I would HIGHLY recommend rincon de la vieja, finca verde, and also a spot that a tour guide that I ended up making friends with to witness one of the best sun sets I have ever seen ( which I have seen a ton) the tour guides name is Manrique and I used him for everything. He has a wealth of knowledge not only of his country but also of many other countries. If you would like to get a hold of him through whats app his number is +506 6022 2654. He totally made mine and my friends experience.

In summary hotel chantel is to me the ideal place to stay and highly recommend.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank joeymfw
Reviewed 5 February 2018

We loved the hospitality, the staff, in special Mary, the space, the cleanliness, having reliable internet and the restaurant located in the same building. Adding to that, the tours suggested by Anita were beyond expectations. Manrique our dedicated tour guide was extremely helpful and very friendly.
Location is perfect if you have a car.
Thank you Anita!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2018

I have to say my experience at Chantel Suites was nothing short of incredible. It was exactly what we were looking for. This is not the place to stay if you want to be in the middle of all the action and want the party at your doorstep; this is the place that is close enough to the action but far enough away that one can escape if one wishes for some peace and quiet. Plus the views to boot. Sipping cocktails in the infinity pool while looking out over Coco Bay is something I wish everyone were lucky enough to enjoy. Thank you for making our trip so memorable!

Room tip: Penthouse suite is the best
Date of stay: August 2017