Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews costa rica free shuttle playa grande breakfast and lunch family vacation tour guide zip lining erik garcia condo beach westin units resort monkeys golf massage smoothies
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 January 2018

We did not stay at the Westin, but a condo up in the hills, so I will just talk about the beach club and the resort.

First off, rent a car. Bouganvillea is a good 10 minute ride, but you see something different everyday (howler monkeys, and some other animals I've never seen before). Plus my teenage kids made a game out of the speed bumps. We did the shuttle a few times, and had no problems, and the AC worked great.

Check in was a breeze. Food at Catalinas was good and very affordable. Service was great. For the week, we probably ate 10 meals there (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and were never disapointed.

The beach was great. Get the massage (I think it was about $20) Due to Christmas, it was a little crowed, but it beats 10 degree weather. Nice getting fresh towels when needed. The pool was beautiful and never seemed crowded.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank searay270000
Reviewed 20 January 2018

We were shocked when we checked in at how large and beautiful our room was. The staff was so friendly and prompt and the space was clean and had everything we needed. The pool area and beachfront access was perfect and added to the relaxation of our trip. I couldn't say enough about this place, highly recommend staying here!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah R
Reviewed 11 January 2018

Rented through agency who sent a concierge to receive us, hand us the key, rushed a tour of the ample area and never returned our calls again, so we ended up dealing with the Reserva Conchal concierge for all our needs, which was fabulous, so go direct to Reserva Conchal and avoid the middle man.
The area is beautiful and the condo was spacious and well equipped but far from the Beach Club (nearly 20 minutes each way on the shuttle). Access to Westin's pool was cancelled because it was occupied up to 65% of its capacity. This rule was strictly enforced even though we were all there for a wedding with family at the Westin Hotel. They were not allowed into Reserva Conchal's pools either so we could only meet at the beach.
The wedding was held at the golf course on an elevated area that overlooks the sea. The view was ideal for such lovely ceremony but we almost missed the bride since we had to take two different shuttles and pass all check points to be allowed inside (more restrictions than the Korean border, and I have been there).
The reception took place at Reserva Conchal on the open grounds next to the pool behind the spa and guarded by a wired fence from beach traffic. Since early in the day I saw the preparations taking place as I swam in the only pool available to me. I left at about two in the afternoon and saw them preparing the buffet trays and I remember thinking that they were probably testing them since it was too early to bring out the food, now I wonder.
Reception started at about 5:30. As soon as the sunsetted in the horizon mosquitoes invaded the area in full force, other huge bugs joined the party at intervals. There were no torches or other devices to ease the situation, only a can of Off was offered by the bar tender after much suffering. Then a drunk individual wearing nothing but a huge hat crashed the party as he sneaked from the beach through the wired fence. After startling everyone, he was urged by security personnel to go back the same way he came, as I prayed that he would not get tangled up on the wire and make a difficult situation even worse.
Flew home the next day to realize I had brought an unwanted souvenir. Ended up at the emergency center tested for Zika, dengue and other mosquito transmitted diseases which produce high fever, nausea and terrible muscle aches. All tested negative but was told to go directly to the hospital for more tests if it got any worse. I went home to rest and recup when I heard that other party goers were suffering the same fate. Food poisoning or mosquito transmitted virus? Just beware.

Room tip: Ask for proximity to the beach
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank MEMiami2
Reviewed 31 December 2017

We stayed in a condo in the Bougainvillea area. It is a lovely property. The condo was great. Make you you understand that there are no groceries available within the property - buy needed supplies before you arrive. Kitchen was very complete. The restaurants are top of the line. And the beach is great.
There was a 10 minute walk from our condo to the main area and beach. Make sure that you know the walking time to that area when you make arrangements.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Alan B
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

I live in CR. Went a few times (see my previous comment). Invited family and friends. Place is beautiful. Double checked no weddings on my stay. Negotiated rooms upgrade due to the last time been there and could not enjoyed beach club due to a wedding. Family and I were excited to go there again.
However, at check in time- no previous arrangement es in written were honored. After claiming, they gave me discount in their restaurant which was already pre-negotiated and small global discount on the reservation was then offered (and rejected) to compensate the room upgrade but not honored.
In summary: beautiful place and bad-bad customer service experiece. Need to change the management. Employees has their best intentions. Otherwise Not coming back this time.

Trip type: Travelled with family