Open today: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Book in advance
from
$97.96
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Google
Ways to Experience Ecocentro Danaus
from $97.96
from $82.31
from $47.62
from $74.83
1,013 results
All reviews night tour la fortuna nature preserve night walk butterflies frogs guide gabriel kinkajou scope rain
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 April 2016

we travelled here with Destination Services and Gustavo Brown, he was extremely knowledgeable and located so many different species for us . we saw 3 sloths , the most amazing was the sloth low down in a tree at head height unbelievable !! lots of birds , and red frogs with blue legs tiny but we found them !! there is a butterfly house , a lake complete with croc , flowers, trees . its a truly peaceful beautiful place and I would recommend it to everyone . there is a small shop selling unique gifts , I loved it here

Reviewed 25 April 2016

This night tour of the private reserve was the highlight of my 8 days in Costa Rica. I liked the night tour so well that I went back without a guide during the day - both experiences are great but I highly recommend the night tour with Elias, he is exceptional. Elias founds tons of life for us to observe - sloths, frogs, caimans, lizards, animals in the raccoon family, nesting birds. Elias was very knowledgeable about the rainforest and answered all our questions and gave us time for pictures, spoke excellent English. This place is trying to educate and protect rainforest life and deserves our support. The $38 night tour fee was worth every penny.

2  Thank hikingandhorses
Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

This little park really need a guide and it worth it !
We had Elias as guide and he was amazing !
We have seen all the celebrities from Costa Rica : sloths with baby, caïmans, frogs, toucans and so many others birds !
He helped us to take great pics of these animals even with an iPhone!
The park without guide is really not the same ...
Think to make a reservation of you want a guide !

Reviewed 21 April 2016

We saw more animals here and up close. Saw two sloths, one with a baby. Also got up close with male and female"jesus" lizards. Saw a caiman in the lagoon and lots of colorful butterflies in the butterfly enclosure. Lots of plants clearly marked. Lots of nesting birds.

1  Thank Mauve B
Reviewed 16 April 2016

This was FANTASTIC. It was very affordable. I didnt get a guide, but the guy at the front desk helped me find toucans and sloths and green frogs anyways. I also saw poisonous dart frogs, agouti, tons and tons of bird species, lots of different lizards and camans. They have beautiful butterfly gardens where you want in and you are surrounded by butterflies. I saw more wildlife here than in Manuel Antonio National Park or either of the cloud forests. I stayed for hours. I would highly recommend it. Bring your camera!

This place is incredible, because all the animals (expect for the butterflies in the butterfly gardens - but it is a huge space) are free to come and go. The species diversity is incredible.