“Best Brunch in Town”

Cuisines: German, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Family owned and operated-serving the community for 25 years
Reviewed 27 July 2016

We have lived in Vestavia Hills for 12 years and have never had a bad experience at Klinglers. We love to go there for brunch on Sun. The charming quaint atmosphere coupled with the wonderful food and service make it a can't miss! We take all our out of town guests there because it is certainly unique.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

This is one of our favorite places for German repast. On this occasion, we were there for breakfast. I like the schnitzel, but today I ordered the Big Breakfast Platter, which included biscuits with German sausage gravy, cheesy grits, eggs over easy and several thick slices of crispy bacon. What's not to like? Everything was hot and delicious. My wife had strawberry Blintzes and had to bring some home. We left with some chocolate Strudel for desert (?) later. I love the cafe style interior and service is excellent. Just a very pleasant experience. They are not open for dinner anymore, but a great choice for breakfast, lunch or brunch. They have specials for Saturday and Sunday brunch, expanding the menu, but, these times can be busier too.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Visited Klingler's yesterday where my husband ordered brunch (an omelet) and I ordered from the lunch menu (Greek quiche and fruit). Both meals were their usual delicious, and my husband took home apple strudel which he thoroughly enjoyed later with coffee. Never disappointed with the friendly service and great food!

Reviewed 1 May 2016

First time to this restaurant, and from the number of cars parked outside, we thought this must be THE PLACE to go. Brunch on late Sunday morning. Thought I was safe ordering quiche in a "bakery," but when my plate arrived, the quiche, sitting atop a piece of lettuce, had a bottom crust which was very thick and raw. Told our waiter (who by the way was very kind ) of the problem. He took my plate (with one bite out of the piece of quiche and the raw crust laying there) back to the kitchen. Several minutes later, he returned with the same plate (with the bite of quiche missing), and now it was steaming hot. But alas, the crust was still perfectly raw. It was now totally DISGUSTING!! The kitchen had taken my plate, put it in the microwave, with the quiche sitting on top of the lettuce and just heated the entire plate. Now I had quiche with steaming hot lettuce! My husband ordered his eggs over medium, and was very specific, and they came hard as a rock, with a brown crust. Waiter apologized, and we assumed that the owner or manager would at least have the courtesy to come by our table to apologize. Wrong!! Told our waiter just to charge us for my husband's coffer, and we would be on our way. He sincerely apologized. One would really have to search here to find the "hidden gem," because it wasn't there when we visited.

Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

We've had breakfast and lunch here. Definitely enjoyed the breakfast menu more and were disappointed when we missed it the last time :) It's a very sweet cafe with lots of menu items and bakery items. The service has been great every time and look forward to some crepes soon!