“Best brunch/lunch”

Cuisines: German, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Family owned and operated-serving the community for 25 years
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Visited Klingler's yesterday where my husband ordered brunch (an omelet) and I ordered from the lunch menu (Greek quiche and fruit). Both meals were their usual delicious, and my husband took home apple strudel which he thoroughly enjoyed later with coffee. Never disappointed with the friendly service and great food!

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed 1 May 2016

First time to this restaurant, and from the number of cars parked outside, we thought this must be THE PLACE to go. Brunch on late Sunday morning. Thought I was safe ordering quiche in a "bakery," but when my plate arrived, the quiche, sitting atop a piece of lettuce, had a bottom crust which was very thick and raw. Told our waiter (who by the way was very kind ) of the problem. He took my plate (with one bite out of the piece of quiche and the raw crust laying there) back to the kitchen. Several minutes later, he returned with the same plate (with the bite of quiche missing), and now it was steaming hot. But alas, the crust was still perfectly raw. It was now totally DISGUSTING!! The kitchen had taken my plate, put it in the microwave, with the quiche sitting on top of the lettuce and just heated the entire plate. Now I had quiche with steaming hot lettuce! My husband ordered his eggs over medium, and was very specific, and they came hard as a rock, with a brown crust. Waiter apologized, and we assumed that the owner or manager would at least have the courtesy to come by our table to apologize. Wrong!! Told our waiter just to charge us for my husband's coffer, and we would be on our way. He sincerely apologized. One would really have to search here to find the "hidden gem," because it wasn't there when we visited.

Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

We've had breakfast and lunch here. Definitely enjoyed the breakfast menu more and were disappointed when we missed it the last time :) It's a very sweet cafe with lots of menu items and bakery items. The service has been great every time and look forward to some crepes soon!

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

I had the luck of finding this cafe while waiting for my car to be washed one day and I have been back twice more. It is a small quaint cafe/restaurant and bakery with a very friendly staff. They offer a great selection of salads, sandwiches, soups and other fare. Everything on the menu is uniquely prepared and delicious. For dessert they have a wonderful selection of pastries, pies, cookies and cakes from their bakery all of which are delightful. I would highly recommend that if you are in Vestavia, Alabama you visit Klingler's! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

Got an appetite? Go for the farmer's breakfast!!! It takes a little extra time, but it is well worth the wait! Every dish we have tried has been supurb! They also go a little extra for the kids..
If they only served a Bloody Mary!!!!