“LOCAL and unique- so much you'll have to come back”
Review of Taco Casa

Taco Casa
Ranked #98 of 327 Restaurants in Tuscaloosa
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast food
Description: Quality, great-tasting fast food Mexican restaurant that has been a favorite of Tuscaloosa's since it opened in 1974. Voted "Best Sweet Tea" for 3 years in a row and voted "Best Tuscaloosa Restaurant" in a recent competition. Come find us at one of our 6 area locations "Under the Biggest Cactus in Town"
Reviewed 3 October 2017

People tell me they go to Taco Casa every time they get back this way to Tuscaloosa. Because it is ORIGINAL. The sauce is unique. Queso is good.

Date of visit: August 2017
Thank Allison Puccett... A

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

Taco Casa is a T-town classic. Whenever we can't decide what we want for a fast-food dinner, TC is the call. I only order the extra hot Taco Burger. The bun is steamed so it melts into the taco meat, cheese, lettuce and tomato. The enchilada is my other go-to. The cheese sauce WILL make you lick the dish clean.

Date of visit: February 2017
Ben W, VP of Marketing at Taco Casa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Thank you for the kind words. We try very diligently to provide great tasting food to every customer. Thanks again for the business and the feedback.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

It was just okay. People from Alabama seem to really like it. I prefer Taco Bell. We had the queso nachos, which left a little to be desired. Just not use to it...

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 27 October 2016

-I stop every time i pass through Tuscaloosa. I always have my cooler with me and take some things back home to put in the freezer as there is not one on these in Jackson MS--hint- hint

Date of visit: October 2016
Ben W, Public Relations Manager at Taco Casa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Thank you!

Reviewed 26 September 2016

We stopped in here after the Alabama game to get something to eat. My mom loved this place back when they had several locations in Birmingham and we've been in once before, but it was just not good this time around.

First of all, the lady who took our order was very rude. She didn't seem happy to be there or particularly interested in taking our order.

Second of all, the taco and burritos were all fine (not great, but just okay), but the beans had literally NO FLAVOR! None! It was disgusting and off putting. I mean, they couldn't even manage a little salt?

Anyhow, I know Tuscaloosa folks just love this place, but in my opinion, you're better off finding something else in town.

Date of visit: September 2016