Book In Advance
In high demand - travellers recommend booking ahead!

Ways to Experience Shanghai Disneyland
from US$62.00
More Info
from US$7.30
More Info
1,683 results
All reviews fast pass pirates of the caribbean roaring rapids buzz lightyear peter pan cast members disney magic pirates ride star wars fireworks show cheesecake factory story hotel winnie the pooh disney app line cutting adventure isle theme park
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

First things first, download the app, make use of the map and definitely buy fast passes. Plan ahead - be there as EARLY as possible. The best rides, as mentioned before, TRON light cycle (best time of my life) - thrilling, Soaring over the Horizon - beautiful, Pirates of the Caribbean Battle for the sunken treasure - exciting, Roaring Rapids and then take a stroll through Alice in Wonderland garden. The parade, usually at...5pm, I think it was, was quite cool too. Wear comfortable shoes as you’ll be walking ALL DAY. Don’t miss the fireworks/projection mapping in the evening, be there early and find yourself a cool spot in front of the main castle for the best view.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

I was in Shanghai for a student trip. We had a full agenda, but managed to cram in an evening at Shanghai Disneyland, although unfortunately it was raining.

We loved the Tron ride and also Pirates. Both were unique to that park and it was great to experience them.

Given it was a Monday evening and raining, we didn't have the large crowds, but it was definitely challenging to be soaked and in business casual attire. We would have preferred to rent lockers for some of our stuff, but found this difficult as you switched from English on the first screen to Chinese on the subsequent screens, we couldn't figure it out, so that meant hauling backpacks in the rain and having our bags put into a bin while on rides, which was not fully comfortable.

The gardens and maze for the Alice in Wonderland were amazing and we enjoyed the view despite the periods of intense rain. We only wished we had more time and a little bit better weather.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Came here with my family and despite having come across some bad reviews about the bad crowd behaviour, everything was really smooth and the staff were helpful (especially the manager in Mickey Mouse Restaurant, he was damn nice!!). Honestly speaking, I did not see any unruly behaviour amongst the locals and the tourists and overall our experience was truly amazing! Love the rides, Tron is my favourite!

Reviewed 1 May 2018

We stayed in Kerry Hotel Pudong. They have a coach every morning to Disneyland at 7.30am. If you're going with toddlers make sure you bring strollers. From where the coach drop you off to the entrance of Disneyland park its about 1 hour because of the crowd. We bought the 2 days pass online for weekday (Mon & Tue). Download the Shanghai Disney app. Its quite useful once you're in the park.

The queue on both days were horrible. Just to get in the park was about an hour plus. The locals are not bothered about personal space. They come very close to you and if there's a gap in between they will cut you. Sigh! Once you're in the park there a strollers for rent at RMB90. And once you're in quickly access the fast pass and book your rides. You can only book 1 ride at a time. I would suggest Tron or Tarzan. Because of the insane crowd that day, by 1pm the fast pass was fully booked. Queuing up for other rides/shows was crazy. Min 45 mins to 2 hours. There a few restaurants in the park to eat or you could head to Disney Town for more varieties and cheaper meals. On the 1st day we had lunch in the park. On the 2nd day we went to Disney Town. I would suggest just to eat at the park cause even you pay slightly more its more convenient than exiting the park & re-entering. But then again feel free to explore.

Shows are all in Mandarin but entertaining. The locals there behave quite bad I must say. When we entering the hall for the Jack Sparrow show some of the ladies pushed the attendants to jump over the seats. And while we were watching the Tarzan show a lady next to us was talking very loudly on her mobile. Even when we told her to shush, she didn't bother.

Don't miss the fireworks show at the end. It's the best but its was just overcrowded. I wouldn't go back to Shanghai Disneyland again. Great theme park but the people, yikes!

2  Thank DarylG221
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Benefit of you are here alone is you can play faster for some machine as you don't need to go in normal line (Single rider). However, fastpass is your heaven without it you need to spend 45 minutes up to 3 hours to wait, so come here early as you can and try to get at least 1 fastpass from neither Tron or Horizon because I do think those two are the best. Food here are quite expensive than usual. Full of Chinese more than 70%. I do recommend you to spend here since it open till it close. Haha

1  Thank Son N