Lowest prices for your stay
travelup.com
Vio.com
ZenHotels.com
$153
Koms
Relaxing weekend getaway
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Nov 2023via mobile
The garden villa was ok for a weekend stay. It had an outdoor shower nestled amongst beautiful palm trees. Environment perfect for relaxing and recharging. Long stretch of beach for a long walk. Beautiful sunset.

Friday night fire dancing was amazing. Food and beverage staff were friendly and accommodating.

Pool table in the restaurant/bar needs fixing.
Date of stay: October 2023
Room Tip: The evenings end early so plan ahead and explore outside options if you are a night owl.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
  • ZenHotels.com
    $167
26.8 km from Uprising Beach Resort
View more hotels in Pacific Harbour
All reviews outdoor shower beachfront bure beqa island nice beach palm trees nadi airport accommodation suva fiji resort village diving arts paradise dancing supermarket rain
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 July 2023 via mobile

Stayed a few nights at Uprising while in the area for a shark dive. Our cabin was very spacious, with separate living and kitchen areas, a large master bath with tub, porch, and outdoor shower. Pool and beachfront was very comfortable, just be forewarned that if a cruise is coming to port, this area will be crowded and space is not saved for resort guests. The onsite restaurant was fine but hours end early, so if you are a night owl you should plan accordingly. It was easy to arrange transport and get local information from the front desk staff.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2023 via mobile

This was my first time visiting Fiji and I’m so glad I picked Uprising as my introduction to the country, its beautiful surroundings and exceptionally warm and welcoming staff. I traveled solo and felt safe at the resort the entire time. The resort itself is located in a great section of the beach.

I arrived very early and the staff were able to check me in earlier, which I really appreciated.

The staff are really what make Uprising special. Special shout out to all of the staff for making my stay as enjoyable as possible. Special thanks to Lo, Bill, Tamani, Mary, Millie, Andy, Emma, Elia, Manu, Mike and Josh!

I stayed in the beachfront bure (villa) and enjoyed the space and privacy. However, the villas do need some renovation, especially with the bath tubs. I was looking forward to taking a bath during my stay, but the tub flooring needs to be redone. The outdoor showers were a great plus too.

The food was ok, but I was expecting more seafood options.

I do appreciate the activities like luvo night, fire dancing and bonfire they had and would encourage them to do more throughout the week in addition to adding standup paddle boarding, if possible.

Vinaka vaka levu! Sota tale! 🌺🇫🇯

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ZahraAlex
Reviewed 11 June 2023

It was good.
But unfortunately rained almost the whole week.
And our room needed a little renovation.
The Staff was very friendly, always helpful.
Long wait at the restaurant
The beach was long, good for running and walking.

Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Francisca D
Reviewed 18 May 2023 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 days and 3 nights. The conference room is really good. Can accommodate a large number of people. It's just that it doesn't have separate toilet facilities it's one shared with staff so to access it one must go all the way through the staff common area. The washrooms are run down. The management needs to look at renovating it and separate staff and guest facilities as I am sure. Staff need a private area to take breaks and whine down and not have their privacy breached by strangers.

In terms of the rooms. They have nice rooms. Just that keys constantly don't seem to work. They have been times in the middle of the night we have had to walk the long way back to get the keys activated. The rooms are not cleaned well. Especially in the bathroom. I found hair and dirt that should have been cleaned. The management needs to look at the cleaning and hygiene issues in the rooms. Aart from the above the location of the resort is a great one. The view and the greenery are perfect for just chilling and the beach is good for a swim.

I would recommend it to my friends, just advising them not to expect alot.

Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank aalifiji
Reviewed 9 May 2023 via mobile

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!! We arrived at Uprising at 11am. We were told our Villa wasn’t ready and that check in time is 2pm. This was no problem as we needed to go to Suva, we stored our luggage and arrived back at Uprising at 5pm and checked in. We later found out there was indeed a number of Villas free when we first arrived, the resort was nowhere near full. We were given a key for Villa 11 and told that we wouldn’t be able to dine in the restaurant by the Front Office receptionist as it was fully booked. As we were told this the Reservation Agent was also present. I immediately said “this is not acceptable and we hadn’t had any lunch” neither the receptionist nor Reservation Agent cared there was no room for us for dinner and they told us you need to book. I might add there is no where else around to eat so you just go hungry if you don’t book. Nowhere on the website or print advertising does it state you need to book. Surely they were able to make us a cheese and tomato sandwich or a bowl of fries! This is appalling! I kept pushing to be able to eat on the first night this was when the Reservation Agent called the chef to see if we could eat. It was like we had to beg for food. The Reservation Agent and receptionist enjoyed taunting us. Finally the staff came to their senses and said we could eat, but we couldn’t sit in the restaurant, they would set up a table away from the restaurant as it was full. This was indeed a lie as when we arrived for dinner there was plenty of room and in fact many tables in the restaurant were unused the whole night! But we still sat where we were told. Upon arriving at Villa 11 the front door lock was hanging off door. Upon entering I wanted to use the safe but it was broken. So I went back to reception and changed rooms to Villa 7. Upon reaching Villa 7 the key wouldn’t work and only work if you jiggled and waited and tried a few times. Upon entering Villa 7 there was an unpleasant smell and guess what the safe was locked. So I went back to reception and was given a key. I might add the safe is key and also combination locked. I wanted to use combination rather than carry a key. Anyway that is not possible you have to use a key. I was issued a broken key. By this time I was totally angry as the light in bedroom doesn’t work and the blind is broken. The resort is overrun by starving cats and if you leave your table to go to bathroom or buffet when you come back 2 or 3 cats are on your table eating off your plate. With the exception of Emma the staff are unfriendly verging on rude! Reception said they would look into an upgrade on the second day…. It didn’t happen reception never came near. No hand towels nor face washers in bathroom. Toilet disgusting see photos. The entire resort is in disrepair and needs knocking down. We were told there is no Resort Manager or General Manager….. it shows. We have stayed at many resorts in Fiji this is the absolute WORST.

Date of stay: May 2023