Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
MartineRoseboom

Perfect for travelers on a budget

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Nov 2016via mobile
Good place for backpackers on a budget. I stayed here for 2 nights and found it to be rather pleasant- everything is old but clean, as most hostels in Fiji are. Restaurants and shops are only 2 minutes away, the beach is across the road and the pool is nice. Staff was friendly!

It's true there's no hot water but as t was 30 degrees outside I didn't really mind- it's a bit noisy but as I was the only one staying there, no problems. Bathroom are clean and spacious. I felt a bit lonely but that was all- more people should give this place a shot! Perfect when you're on a budget- if you're expecting luxury, check into a resort.
Date of stay: November 2016
    • Vio.com
      $256
      $350
    View more hotels in Pacific Harbour
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 8 June 2016

We had to stay in Pacific Harbor for 2 weeks for work, and the most affordable accommodation was Tsulu Arts village. It's set in a cool location, had a funky looking Tiki man pool and bar...so we thought it must be such a cool place to stay. How wrong we were.
    1. There is hardly anyone ever in reception, as we were at work most of the day, you could never catch anyone on reception, as they knock off at 4pm, which is unlike any backpackers I've ever stayed at as there is always someone in reception.
    2. The reception isn't actually even in the backpacker building, you have to go outside the backpackers, and downstairs to the entrance of the Arts Village. This caused people to just casually walk in to the backpackers anytime they wanted. Safety concern.
    3. A lot of the rooms are basically just cubicles with doors, so the wall doesn't actually reach the roof, which means you can hear everything, and also the people who just walked past the non-existing reception area, can climb over the walls into rooms and sleep there without paying - this happened about 3 times while we were there.
    4. There is often no water during the day, and when there is water, there is no hot water.
    5. No kitchen facility , so your only choice is to go to the restaurants for all your meals or even just a cup of coffee.
    5. The hostel is mostly deserted as majority of the people pass through stay at the resorts, another reason why we didn't feel safe, often being alone in the hostel and then in the middle of the night hearing people break into rooms they hadn't paid for or walk in and sleep on the couch in the living room area.
    6. we asked for towels, they told us they had only one. In an empty backpackers...
    7. It says on the website there is aircon, this is a lie, there used to be at one point, but seems they don't care enough anymore to even bother with it.
    8. The pool is meant to be for houseguests only, but every weekend it was filled with screaming local kids and families.
    9. The apartments that used to be for backpackers looking for private rooms, are now being leased out on a permanent basis to locals.
    10. All the cultural activities they advertise are non-existant
    11. During our last week there, some local guy called his friends and proceeded to break in to one room, then had sex in the living room, so loud that I had to shout at them to shut up. When I brought this to reception's attention the next day, they did nothing about it(as usual) and we booked ourselves into one of resorts, which was double the price, but was sooo worth it as it was about 5 times the luxury.
    12. I asked them to refund us for 3 nights that we weren't staying there due to the constant disturbances of non paying guests, and they gave me long excuses of the money already being in the bank and they have to wait for it to clear, even though I paid her cash. She promised I would have it within 5 days, after 5 days we went back, only to hear another story of the internet being down, when I got upset she gave me F$50 in cash and promised to pay the rest into my bank account through western union. I'm still waiting.
    This is by far the worst backpackers/hostel/hotel I have ever stayed at, the owner and staff clearly don't care or know anything about customer service, and the place is badly neglected.
    DO NOT STAY HERE!!!
    Rather pay double, get a nice private room with private bathroom at one of the resorts which would also include breakfast, have nice ocean views, and where the people have actually heard of customer service.
    I'd recommend Uprising Resort or Club Oceanus who were able to help us on short notice.

Date of stay: May 2016
    • Trip type: Travelled on business
    10  Thank ashanti003
    Reviewed 2 March 2016

It is the cheapest accommodation in Pacific Harbour and the amenities reflect the price. Don't expect anything great or even that good of service. The lady at the desk told us to meet her at 7am to get some travel plans settled, and she didn't show up until 7:30. This hostel made everything more difficult than it needed to be. Only stay here for a night or so if you're looking to save some cash.

Date of stay: February 2016
    • Trip type: Travelled with friends
    2  Thank 553danielb
    Reviewed 29 February 2016

We stayed in this hostel for 3 or 4 days back in December 2014.

As other people mention, the sleeping quarters isn't the best in the world, but seriously for the cheap price, you can't really ask for much more...

My girlfriend and I stayed here together with a friend, mainly to do the shark feeding dive in Beqa Lagoon... But from the very first minute we entered this place, we were welcomed with the sweetest and most helpful hosts we have ever experienced - and we did quite a bit of travelling!!!

30 minutes after arriving we got invited to come with the owners to the beach. One of their employees, a sweet American guy called Laize, drove us to the supermarket where he picked up a box of beer and afterwards drove us to the beach.

Also the owner Imraz made all the arrangements for our friend to come with us on the shark dive, as he hadn't had time to pre book the dive...

The day after our dives, the owner couple had arranged a hole of day fishing, with one of their friends. So we went out on the friends boat in the morning and tried spearfishing and normal fishing for the whole day, we caught a lot of fish, and even got to pick one each in the end of the day....
    We then got these fish served for dinner back home at the hostel, Imraz himself was the cook for the night.... (together all 3 of us payed les than the cost of 3 average dinners... And this was for the whole day fishing, on a boat where we were the only ones, we also had beers and drinks all through the day, and then of course for the 3 fish and the cooking of them, plus sides)!

Such a good and local experience!

Thanks again Imraz & Mindy, we'll never forget those great days in Pacific Harbour!

Date of stay: March 2015
    • Trip type: Travelled with friends
    Reviewed 8 October 2015 via mobile

Booked 2 nights here, turned up on a raining evening at 6pm only to find reception was closed and no one was around. After 10 minutes a man comes out and says reception staff went home as they weren't expecting anyone!
    He lets us into the building and a four bed dorm which was a tiny room with bunk beds. We were the only people in the entire building which felt quite eerie. The man handed me a key to the dorm and left. Only after he left dos we go to lock the door and the door edge was so eroded it wouldn't lock.
    My partner and I felt very vulnerable as we could not lock the dorm room to ensure the safety of ourselves and our luggage. The fact that no one else was around made us feel uneasy so we left and got a cab to uprising down the road ( see my other review).
    The following day I went and returned the key and spoke to reception staff, informing them I was not happy to pay for any nights there due to the circumstances. The staff were understanding and agrees I wouldn't be charged.
    I feel this place was once a great backpacker hostel, however with competition from Uprising they have allowed standards to slip and u fortunately I wouldn't recommend this place.

Date of stay: October 2015
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    3  Thank Talli86
    Reviewed 1 June 2015 via mobile

Booked directly as part of an independent trip around Fiji. Beds are clean in the dorms but thin walls (plywood), no ceiling fans and a general uncared feel to the place didn't do much to lift the mood. As expected there are no cooking facilities onsite but several places on site do serve food (Oasis bar recommended for dinner-good value for money!).
    Male bathrooms are pretty awful, with urinals out of order, no hot water and no shower water pressure-it literally dribbles out! Bathrooms also smelt of stale urine...
    Ladies bathroom not much better, no shower pressure or hot water and what looked to be a plasma TV and various broken electrical devices stored in the entranceway... Manager; please note that free shampoo miniatures do not make up for these glaring shortfalls!!
    Overall, this place could be something wonderful if money was spent on it but sadly, although cheap to stay in, I'd look elsewhere (and don't believe Lonely Planet!!)

Date of stay: May 2015