Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Daniel B

Only stay here for a night or two

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Mar 2016
It is the cheapest accommodation in Pacific Harbour and the amenities reflect the price. Don't expect anything great or even that good of service. The lady at the desk told us to meet her at 7am to get some travel plans settled, and she didn't show up until 7:30. This hostel made everything more difficult than it needed to be. Only stay here for a night or so if you're looking to save some cash.
Date of stay: February 2016
    • Vio.com
      $256
      $272
    View more hotels in Pacific Harbour
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 29 February 2016

We stayed in this hostel for 3 or 4 days back in December 2014.

As other people mention, the sleeping quarters isn't the best in the world, but seriously for the cheap price, you can't really ask for much more...

My girlfriend and I stayed here together with a friend, mainly to do the shark feeding dive in Beqa Lagoon... But from the very first minute we entered this place, we were welcomed with the sweetest and most helpful hosts we have ever experienced - and we did quite a bit of travelling!!!

30 minutes after arriving we got invited to come with the owners to the beach. One of their employees, a sweet American guy called Laize, drove us to the supermarket where he picked up a box of beer and afterwards drove us to the beach.

Also the owner Imraz made all the arrangements for our friend to come with us on the shark dive, as he hadn't had time to pre book the dive...

The day after our dives, the owner couple had arranged a hole of day fishing, with one of their friends. So we went out on the friends boat in the morning and tried spearfishing and normal fishing for the whole day, we caught a lot of fish, and even got to pick one each in the end of the day....
    We then got these fish served for dinner back home at the hostel, Imraz himself was the cook for the night.... (together all 3 of us payed les than the cost of 3 average dinners... And this was for the whole day fishing, on a boat where we were the only ones, we also had beers and drinks all through the day, and then of course for the 3 fish and the cooking of them, plus sides)!

Such a good and local experience!

Thanks again Imraz & Mindy, we'll never forget those great days in Pacific Harbour!

Date of stay: March 2015
    • Trip type: Travelled with friends
    Reviewed 8 October 2015 via mobile

Booked 2 nights here, turned up on a raining evening at 6pm only to find reception was closed and no one was around. After 10 minutes a man comes out and says reception staff went home as they weren't expecting anyone!
    He lets us into the building and a four bed dorm which was a tiny room with bunk beds. We were the only people in the entire building which felt quite eerie. The man handed me a key to the dorm and left. Only after he left dos we go to lock the door and the door edge was so eroded it wouldn't lock.
    My partner and I felt very vulnerable as we could not lock the dorm room to ensure the safety of ourselves and our luggage. The fact that no one else was around made us feel uneasy so we left and got a cab to uprising down the road ( see my other review).
    The following day I went and returned the key and spoke to reception staff, informing them I was not happy to pay for any nights there due to the circumstances. The staff were understanding and agrees I wouldn't be charged.
    I feel this place was once a great backpacker hostel, however with competition from Uprising they have allowed standards to slip and u fortunately I wouldn't recommend this place.

Date of stay: October 2015
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    3  Thank Talli86
    Reviewed 1 June 2015 via mobile

Booked directly as part of an independent trip around Fiji. Beds are clean in the dorms but thin walls (plywood), no ceiling fans and a general uncared feel to the place didn't do much to lift the mood. As expected there are no cooking facilities onsite but several places on site do serve food (Oasis bar recommended for dinner-good value for money!).
    Male bathrooms are pretty awful, with urinals out of order, no hot water and no shower water pressure-it literally dribbles out! Bathrooms also smelt of stale urine...
    Ladies bathroom not much better, no shower pressure or hot water and what looked to be a plasma TV and various broken electrical devices stored in the entranceway... Manager; please note that free shampoo miniatures do not make up for these glaring shortfalls!!
    Overall, this place could be something wonderful if money was spent on it but sadly, although cheap to stay in, I'd look elsewhere (and don't believe Lonely Planet!!)

Date of stay: May 2015
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    1  Thank swordfish11269
    Reviewed 21 April 2015

While the area seems really cool and has lots of shops and there's a manmade pond with lily pads and cool bridges with a cool pool/slide - Tsulu is very quiet and kind of run down ; perhaps because no one is there for them to have to maintain it.

The description is poor. There is no hot water or air conditioning. I guess I stayed during low season but there was not a soul so it made it seem really creepy. Thank goodness my friends came later on or else I would not have stayed. The website says cultural show is W-Sat but I was there and there was nothing. There should have been indications because I wanted to see the Fire Dancing and Meke Show. Additionally, the Tiki Bar/Melting Pot restaurant was not open. There was no indication that it was closed.

Lastly, I get bit by something terrible sleeping in the beds. I thought it was a random occurrence but my friend also got the same bites. I'll attach pictures. There were hornet hives in my room as well as a couple ants on my bed but I'm sure they are not from those.

Date of stay: April 2015
    • Trip type: Travelled with friends
    2  Thank vthile
    Reviewed 21 March 2015

If you go to this hostel don't book in advance!

They just have apartment or dorm: no room with private bathroom just share bathroom and maybe you will have a key for your room! And man it's 60 euro plus 12% of the amount for a big lie!

On Booking or Hostel all the info are wrong!!!!!

It's a shame that all those booking website didn't delete the hostel because it's a pure scam and you loose the famous 12%

Best