eDreams
Julie O
Adelaide, Australia

Next Level Experience - truly luxurious

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Jul 2023via mobile
We have travelled all over the world, both as a couple and as a family, but this was truly a next level experience of luxury, incredible food, genuine and warm service and above all else, a genuine escape from ordinary life.

The food menu changes daily and has enough to cater for all tastes. We have never eaten so much or so well.

As we stepped out of our beachside villa we could literally walk straight into the ocean for crystal blue waters and amazing snorkelling. Coral and fish of colours unmatched with any beach snorkelling we have done.

Our family of 4 (children aged 13 and 8) easily shared a beachside villa. Not that we spent much time there!!

It was especially nice for our teenage son who often has little to do on resorts unless he finds another boys his age - because he could wander the island and chat to staff, or walk to the Ocean Play area and amuse himself with a variety of water sports.

Starfish found on the beach, a fishing charter to catch big fish, a casual walk on white sands.. we skipped into a relaxed ease within hours of arriving and tears formed in our eyes as the farewell song was sung on the last day.

Our biggest sadness is July next year is already fully booked! We can see why.

Our best family holiday so far. We will be back - when we can get in!!

Vinaka Vomo. A magical holiday.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Karen Marvell, Sales at Vomo Island Resort, responded to this review
Responded 23 Jul 2023
Bula bjr80 and family, what an absolute delight to read how much you all enjoyed your time at VOMO. It's great to read how easily you slipped into the pace of island life and everyone in the family found their stride. Fortunately its summer weather year round in Fiji, so when you are able to find your way back to us, the VOMO family will enthusiastically be waiting to welcome you. In the meantime, until we see you again (Sote Tale) take good care and vinaka for taking the time to review us.
    $278
18.4 km from Vomo Island Resort
the bures
    $87
  • eDreams
19.9 km from Vomo Island Resort
Restaurant
If you are looking for that local Fijian experience. Wayalailai is the place!  Beautiful island, beautiful people and amazing local Fijian food. 🫶  Out of all the islands I visited it also had the BEST hike where you can see sunrise & sunset. Great for solo travellers and also perfect for family’s. There is limited phone reception giving you that perfect escape to enjoy the island vibes. You can dive, snorkel, learn weaving, local village tour & more. Highly recommend!!
    $94
    $1,093
  • Algotels
27.0 km from Vomo Island Resort
Beachfront
Arieal view with the majestic mountain tops providing one of the most scenic backdrops. Waya Island Resort, Yasawa Islands, Fiji
    $778
  • Trip.com
27.3 km from Vomo Island Resort
View more hotels in Vomo Island
All reviews hillside villa kids club lunch and dinner movie room fish fiji night kids menu heaven on earth helicopter transfer the daily snorkelling trips family holiday welcome song young kids natural beauty anywhere in the world magical place hole golf course
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 July 2023

This is the best family holiday I have ever been on (2 adults, plus 3yo and 9yo). The staff are extraordinary, and will with authentic care do anything required to take care of your children, any issue, and address any booking you need. The kids club is fantastic and the nannies and 'bulla buddies' (hi Reuben and Una!) are expert at keeping kids of all ages happy. The island is postcard perfect - to the point that our photos probably don't even look real. There is no traffic, and everything seems safe, so kids can run around. The food is to die for. The hiking trails are magnificent, and you can walk around the entire island in 1-2 hours at low tide. The daily snorkelling trip at 11am takes you to accessible reefs with hundreds of fish and living reef. The management and senior staff (and even the owners in our case!) make a point of chatting to you and getting to know you. I just cannot fault this place not speak of it more highly. It is expensive in absolute terms, but the fact that it is 'all inclusive' means you don't ever thinking about the cost of 'this or that', and can just enjoy everything.

1  Thank EdgecliffSydneyNSW
Karen Marvell, Sales at Vomo Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2023

Bula! Our sincere gratitude with a big 'vinaka' for this very lovely review. Your sentiments are exactly what our VOMO family strive to achieve. For you to feel very welcome, well cared for, safe, well fed and happy to explore all of the amazing landscape and activities on offer that go into making that 'best family holiday you ever had'. We are blessed with wonderful owners and an incredible family of staff. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 9 July 2023

We are a family of 15, from 75 down to 3 years. Vomo offered something for everyone in our family and I don't think there was any experience missed. We stayed in Taleitaki and The Palms and both accommodations were outstanding. Our butlers were Sala and Nicky and both were amazing, in fact it is hard to pick out any of the staff from the General Manager and his team; everyone had a friendly smile and Bula greeting. We all loved having our meals under the palms with our feet in the sand and the waves lapping gently only a couple of metres away. We all enjoyed swimming in the warm sea water, snorkelling, kayaking, and some scuba dived for the first time, sailing, fliteboard, fishing and even some of our more energetic climbed the steep hill several times and a walk around the island. We enjoyed sunsets and sunrises, lunches at the Rocks, the Kava Ceremony and Meke Fijian dinner and being entertained by all the children visiting the island joining in with the staff dancers and singers. It was all magical. Vinaka Vomo for an outstanding family holiday.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Karen Marvell, Sales at Vomo Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2023

Bula! We are so delighted to read you all enjoyed your time with us, as much as we enjoyed being your hosts. We hope the fun times with your family will stay in your memories forever. Sala and Nicky and the entire VOMO family wish you all 'Sote Tale' and thank you for entrusting VOMO with your family holiday.

Reviewed 3 July 2023

Vomo is the most amazing place, and absolute heaven on Earth! We had an incredible time, all staff were exceptional, the villa was gorgeous, the adults only pool was bliss, the beaches and snorkelling are stunning. Food and drinks are all delicious. We took our little boy and had the most beautiful baby butler help us. We had such an amazing time at Vomo, and can highly recommend this perfect paradise.

Date of stay: June 2023
1  Thank laramcc1

Bula Laramcc1,
Sincere thanks for the lovely review. It is so heartwarming to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Sending love from the VOMO family to yours.

Reviewed 29 June 2023

Wow, wow, wow ... Our first family holiday to Fiji and fair to say that we will be back to VOMO. Every moment of our experience was amazing - from the welcoming song, the meals, the coffee!! and each and every smiling staff member that we saw - incl. back of house or grounds keeping staff.

An amazing experience and such a special place!

Date of stay: June 2023
2  Thank TotoGTA

Bula TotoGTA
We are so delighted to read how much you enjoyed your first family holiday to Fiji and we sincerely appreciate you choosing VOMO. The greatest compliment is to read the you plan to return and we will be so happy to see your faces again. Sote Tale means 'see you again' Our warmest regards from the VOMO family until then.

Reviewed 1 June 2023

Without a doubt VOMO Island is paradise on this earth. From the moment you arrive & you are pampered, spoilt & treated in such a warm & caring way by the gorgeous staff at Vomo island. I loved arriving & being greeted on the beach by the staff singing a welcome song. What a great way to start a stress free holiday in Paradise.

Every part of the island is picture perfect. It’s honestly like a dream. White white sand & crystal clear waters with swaying palm trees. The biggest decisions of the day is what yummy food to eat or where to swim. You can choose to eat at a table set up right on the beach under a palm tree or at the Rocks Bar & watch a sensational sunset.

Every meal was a taste sensation & I didn’t stay long enough to try all the sensational dishes on the menu. I am a coeliac & I was well & truly catered for at every meal. In fact I would get my own special menu, printed out just for me, listing my amazing food options. The staff spoke to me letting me know that they were aware that I was a coeliac & that they had full knowledge of my dietary requirement. I ate with complete safety.

The staff of VOMO Island are beyond amazing. They take the time to get to know your name & they really do make you feel special. It’s hospitality at the next level but it’s so genuine & sincere. This warmth & welcome was extended to me from every single staff member I interacted with - from the GM Justin, to the restaurant staff, to the room cleaners & gardeners. Everyone. Of course I was in tears when I was leaving & the staff gathered to sing the goodbye song to me. I did not want to leave & I am planning a special occasion to return but this time I’ll come with my family. I’d love my adult children & my grandchildren to experience VOMO Island.

I departed the island via helicopter & this was the perfect way to leave the island. I experienced the spectacular views of VOMO Island & I was at the airport in a very short time. I would highly recommend this to everyone.

Thank you to everyone at VOMO Island. You more than exceeded my expectations.

Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank CatherineF1602

Bula Catherine,
Vinaka for the lovely overview of your stay with us. Reading your review reminds us of why we love being part of the VOMO family and providing our unique style of hospitality to lovely guests like yourself. We are especially pleased to read how comfortable and safe you felt with our delivery of menus to suit your dietary needs. We have passed on your gratitude to the VOMO family of staff who delight in reading this feedback. Vinaka vaka levu (thank you very much)