Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
dr_ruthSydney
Sydney

Paradise pure and simple

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 weeks agovia mobile
We went with two sons and their families, ten of us in three bungalows.

The resort is on an island west of Nadi, access by Malolo Cat, an hour cruise paid separately. This leaves from the Denarau wharf, 20 minutes from the airport. The resort will organise the bus from the airport to the port.

Once there most things are included, food, non-motorised water sports, snorkelling, kayaks, SUPs, hobie cats.

The food was great, that’s important since you’ve already paid. A highlight was the curries, roti, samosas on Indian night. Also they will supply meat and all necessary requirements for a bbq which we did at sunset.

This was what memories are made of!

The staff are obviously happy working there which certainly added to our enjoyment, whether playing music most nights or babysitting the little ones. Although there’s no Kids Club it didn’t matter. We got babysitters every afternoon while they slept and longer. They got their hair braided and played with them on the beach.

Paid excursions were pricey but definitely worth it for snorkelling or to Cloud 9.

All in all an excellent choice for family holiday not far from Australia or NZ.
Date of stay: May 2024
18.2 km from Musket Cove Island Resort & Marina, Fiji
Free parking
View more hotels in Malolo Lailai Island
1,079 results
All reviews dicks place trader cafe garden bure malolo cat fish yacht club low tide main restaurant curry night deep water free activities bbq pack laid back sand bar sand bank relaxing holiday main pool
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went on a family holiday, my sister and I took our elderly father.
We were on the all inclusive package, I had emailed twice asking if the fact I was a celiac who only eats seafood/fish and chicken would be a problem and twice they responded that it would not be a problem, well it was!! I lost over a kg in 6 days as there was very little food for me to eat and while there is a wee supermarket on the island a bag of chips cost $14 and a small chocolate bar over $4!!!!! I did even see a box of cereal for $35!
So gluten free bread was available to me one day out of the six, it then disappeared, so eggs and salad it was, I did manage to get two pizzas over the six days which luckily I saved to last me over our stay in our rooms fridge.
When I complained they asked if I had spoken to the staff/chef I said I had. One night they assured me they could do some lightly dusted deep fried calamari with a salad, my excitement was visible, we all sat and started eating our meals( luckily I had stated with the salad) when mine was suddenly taken away with the wait staff saying it wasn’t gf after all and that they would replace it with something that was, my dad and sister had well in truly finished their meals when I was delivered what looked like a salad with boiled squid, which was not eatable, I had to spit it in my napkin, I went hungry that night. The next evening however I think feeling sorry for me one of the staff brought me and my family a bowl of ice cream each, as we had commented that there were no desserts on offer at the resort, not even the option of buying an ice cream after dinner as the supermarket closed pretty early each day.

I spoke to management about the lack of food available to me and complained.
I later asked if we could have a late check out(as this was a bonus of our booking if available) we were told it was not available. Only then to be told by a staff member who came to our room later that it was now available and we could have the room until 11.30. I would imagine this change of mind was due to my complaint.
So check out day and the sun finally came out(we had had rain since our arrival)we head to the pool and beach, packed our bags ready to leave but with the essentials out to shower before heading on the ferry and our next stop at the Raddison. We get back to our room at 11am to find our bags gone and housekeeping making the room up and all our towels etc gone, I asked them to leave as we were told the room was ours until 11.30, no new towels were offered to us, we were hot, sweaty, and Sandy with only our bathing suits, tshirts and serongs, my poor old 86 year old dad had to board that ferry and check into our new hotel in his bathing suit and a tshirt, he’s old school and felt extremely uncomfortable and inappropriately dressed. It was a very uncomfortable ferry ride and transfer to our new hotel.
Before leaving the resort I went and expressed my disappointment at being promised a late check out and not getting it and having our bags taken and not having the opportunity to shower and freshen up for our onward journey, they offered a resort holding type room, but by that time the ferry was departing in 5 minutes so we wouldn’t have had time to do anything.

Room tip: The beach is terrariums low tide we walked to plantation each day to swim
Reviewed 21 April 2024

The location is stunning. We stayed in a beach Bure and it was lovely. We were close to reception and unfortunately could smell staff smoking and hear them at night. The view was a bit blocked by trees but it was still enjoyable. We did some tours and activities. The shell tour was good but I advise not doing it on the weekend as we didn't see any of the village or the school. All we saw was the community room and the stalls where villagers were selling items. I really enjoyed interacting with the kids that were there and then singing to us and the joy on their faces as they jumped out of the boat. We also did a dolphin tour but didn't see any dolphins. ( Told they see dolphins 90%of the time). The basket weaving and Sulu sulu making were great but Sully always seemed in a rush and stressed, like he needed to be somewhere else.Joe Mar the manager was friendly and easy to chat with. The spa staff were fabulous and eager to help. The water activities shed staff were not very friendly and hard to get information out of. The ladies I'm the gift shop were friendly and the store. The reception staff were not always friendly but would give the information needed. The house cleaning was inconsistent - we never knew if our room was getting cleaned or not and would leave a towel when needed 2. The staff at Dick's place were exceptional and our conversations with them made our stay. The food was first class-well done Gareth and team. Lice, Poetamo and Gam were amazing they go above and beyond as wait staff. Joe was always a big help for planning our days activities. This is a fabulous place to stay and we had a great time here, it is just a little inconsistent with service and staff approachability. We didn't even get a farewell song when we left on the ferry yet we saw other ferries receive this.
Kate

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2024

We had an outstanding week at Musket Cove Island Resort! We stayed in the Island Villa which is a bit of a walk from the main restaurant and large pool but we all hired bikes for the duration of the stay which was super fun and easy to get around. The kids had the freedom to go for rides and absolutely loved the pools.

The staff were all outstanding and so friendly. We are super grateful to Joe the Resort Manager, to Ruth at Watersports - helping us out every day, and to Krishnali who took such good care of the pools and helped us with one of the bikes. Moses was great as our snorkelling guide too.

We did both deep water snorkelling and sandbank snorkelling and found them both good. The drinks and food were good. It was nice having the option to eat at the buffet or order from the cafe. We did bike over to Plantation Island Resort and were pleased to have chosen the more chilled Musket Cove Resort.
And thank you to Mere from the reservations team who suggested we spend our afternoon at the Fiji Gateway Hotel before our flight - it worked out perfectly.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Wayne D, Marketing at Musket Cove Island Resort & Marina, Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2024

Bula Tobesure - a big Vinaka for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your holiday with us. We look forward to welcoming you back one day soon!

Reviewed 6 April 2024

The staff are very friendly, kind and helpful. They will try their best to make your trip memorable. It is an incredibly safe island, yet not overcrowded with tourists. The natural beauty of the island is out of this world.The food is delicious, and there is so much of it. You won't go hungry. The snorkelling is excellent, especially on the island hop trip around honeymoon island. Alcoholic beverages can be expensive as there is no happy hour. So, to save some money best bet is to buy some alcohol duty free at the airport and soft drinks at the local grocery store on the island. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a relaxing holiday.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Bula Ashley - a big Vinaka for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your holiday with us. We look forward to welcoming you back one day soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2024 via mobile

We just had a magnificent stay celebrating our parents 60th wedding anniversary. The entire vacation was fantastic, food delicious and in particular the staff were amazing. The whole team went out of their way every day to make us feel welcome. I have traveled extensively for 40 years and never felt so genuinely welcomed and cared for. ALL of the staff did an amazing job. In particular Lice who was absolutely awesome! The chefs who made a wide variety of tasty meals (super fresh ceviche for lunch was my favorite), the talented musicians that had our 80 year old parents up dancing and the delightful young woman who checked us in and touched base each day to make sure the trip went smoothly (whose name I wish I could remember). The resort is spacious, feels relaxed and very private. Rooms are huge, kayaks SUPs and snorkeling gear is included which is a bonus

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family

Bula Kiwi Energy, a big Vinaka for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your holiday with us. We look forward to welcoming you back one day soon!