“Excellent Dining Experience”

Fins Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 35 Restaurants in Robertsdale
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Our first experience at Fins was a Saturday night about 5:45 p.m. There were only five other couples there when we arrived. This isn’t a fancy restaurant, but the decor fits the theme of a seafood restaurant. We were amazed at the magnitude of menu options for a small restaurant. Many times a large menu in a small restaurant spells doom.

We ordered the crab and spinach dip with homemade chips. Although there was only one person working the dining area, our order was taken promptly and arrived at the table quickly. The crab and shrimp appetizer was very good. The chips, though triangular in shape, were not crispy like a corn chip, and were made with flour in lieu of corn meal. The chips complimented the crab and spinach dip well.

The special for the night was fried oysters and fried shrimp. We were almost finished with the appetizer when our oyster and shrimp dish arrived. We had substituted fried okra for French fries with our meal. It was piping hot when it arrived at our table. The oysters, shrimp, and okra were all fried to perfection and were very good.

The menu prices are in line with what I would expect to pay for well-prepared, fresh seafood. The meal we had on this visit was very well prepared. We were impressed with our meal the service on our first visit and will go back. However, be advised that when you step to the register to pay for your meal: Fins DOES NOT accept bank debit cards or credit cards - they like CASH, but will also take checks.

1  Thank wfsstoaks

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Visited with guests during the holidays and had the fried shrimp and oysters. The best I've eaten in quite a while. The shrimp was sweet tasting and yummy. I asked what kind they were and was told they were Pink Shrimp. The oysters were cooked perfectly and not milky. Again, the taste was on target for me. Would recommend if looking for a local seafood restaurant in Robertsdale.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

We are so happy to have found Fins Seafood Restaurant . We had a wonderful meal, very fresh and hot. We both ordered the fried shrimp meal, served with French fries and cole slaw. The tartar and seafood saucers are homemade and they are so good. The atmosphere is really good and this restaurant is on our "favorites" list.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We made our first visit. Order the shrimp plate. The food was hot which is a plus for me. Lack of food is a negative. For $12.95 we only got ten medium size shrimp. One was real small. About a 36-40 count. At the Shrimp Basket one gets twelve for $11.99. About 26-30 count and with lots of French fries. I come from a shrimp family so I know a little about the size of shrimp. Also, French fries was a little short compare to SB and other places that serve shrimp plates. Very seldom do I order anything but the shrimp plate when I eat at a seafood restaurant so I have a good idea about sizing. The first glass of tea was ok but refill was with hot tea that melted my ice and I like my sweet tea cold. The cold slaw was fine as was the portion. The two hush puppies had corn in it which was a negative. The décor is fine and so was the music. Not loud and overbearing our conversation. To me to stay in business the owners will need to improve on the amount serve vs the price and keep the corn out of the hush puppies.

1  Thank Bill W
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I have only eaten here once, but LOVED my shrimp poboy !!! The bread was crusty on the outside and tender on the inside ( homemade ? ) with an abundance of perfectly seasoned fried shrimp ! OH, YES ! I will definitely be back ! And the place is decorated so cool - nice and relaxed !