“First visit”

Cuisines: Italian
Description: Casual Family Italian Dining
Description: Casual Family Italian Dining
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Passing through the area, chose this based on Trip Advisor status.
Open, unassuming dining area, nothing remarkable about the ambiance or atmosphere.
Waitress was helpful & adequately answered my questions about the menu.
Enjoyed Mozzerella Pomodora as appetizer & Tortelinna Carbonera as entree. I really enjoyed the flavors of the pasta. It was extremely hot (like tongue-burning), but I'll take that over luke warm or cold any day.
Will probably return with hubby, as other menu items looked good.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

There are two separate restaurants by the name Tortora's in the same shopping center. Both are good but this review is about Tortora's Wood Fired Grille in Suite G. This is the first restaurant we've been to that served a range of vegetables. They allow substitutions sometimes with an upcharge but it's worth it if eating low carb. We ordered a shrimp dish and substituted the pasta for grilled vegetables. The shrimp, fried Brussel sprouts and seared cauliflower were excellent! Our waiter was very good and attentive but not intrusive. We highly recommend Tortora's Wood Fired Grille and look forward to going back!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Great atmosphere in the heart of Hampton Cove. The food is excellent, especially the pizza. Many choices on the menu and also family friendly.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Tortoras is my favorite local Italian restaurant. The prices are right on point - nice to have a favorite go-to restaurant where the bill doesn’t break the budget!
Tortoras has two different sides separated by an outdoor patio. Both sides can offer the same menu, don’t hesitate to ask! In my opinion the side to the left of the patio is more family oriented, the right (“Grille”) is a little more adult as the room has a large bar in the center with many high tops surrounding. Order once and Jess (bartender) will remember your drink the next visit- she’s amazing !
Sometimes the Grille or outside patio has live music.
My favorite dish is the chicken parm alfredo. Pizza is awesome too- especially the chorizo pizza (the Sydney).

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

August 31st, my husband and I stopped in for lunch. I ordered a cheesesteak sub, and a small Spring Mix Caprese salad to take home for dinner later that evening. This was our 5th visit to the restaurant. I have had food allergies for most of my 60-years: nuts, seeds, spices, and chocolate being the most dangerous. I read menus very carefully, in addition to going to specific websites before I visit a restaurant.//During my 1st visit, I ordered angel hair pasta w/meatballs. I told the server that I was allergic to nuts and sesame seeds, although I wouldn't expect either to ever show up in my pasta. I did not eat the oil that was served with the bread; our server was too busy/inattentive for me to ask if it had pinenuts in it.//Our 2nd visit, I ordered the large Spring Mix Caprese salad; I told our server that I was extremely allergic to nuts - she told me that the Caprese Salad did not contain nuts.//On August 31st, we ordered from the lunch menu. I went into the restaurant knowing what I was going to order. I did not tell the server that I was allergic to nuts because I had the Caprese salad from Tortora's a few weeks prior and knew it did not contain nuts - except mine did.The very last bite had a piece of walnut hidden underneath the spring mix. Unfortunately I ingested most of the walnut piece, but managed to save a hard piece that I bit down on which I took with me to the hospital. Since I'm writing a negative review, I will add that my salad did NOT have the basil or olives; it had 2 cherry tomatoes, 2 very small pieces of buffalo mozzarella, a copious amount of salad, along with the walnut piece. I specifically order that salad when I go out because of the basil, mozzarella, and olives.//I didn't start eating the salad until 9:30 PM. I encountered the walnut at 9:54. I called 911 at 9:56 PM. My husband and I spent ~five-hours in the ER.//Sept 1, I called and spoke to general manager Diana Black for 10-mins and explained what happened the night prior. She did not inquire as to my well-being, she did not apologize, she did not express concern: she crassly berated me for not telling the server that I was allergic to nuts. I told her that I would expect any restaurant to isolate allergens in storage and prep areas, and to protect allergen free foods, such as the spring mix. Clearly, the container of walnuts was kept close to the container of spring mix, which is unacceptable.//The GM said that she texted the owner, Joe Moore, as I asked that he return my phone call. It is September 30 and I have yet to hear from him.//There was a breakdown in acceptable processes by both parties: I assumed that because my first Caprese salad contained no nuts, that the next Caprese salad would be nut free also. The proprietor and his staff failed to isolate an allergen (walnuts) in their prep areas, and to protect an allergen free food (salad.)//Aside from the fact that I could have died from anaphylactic shock, what has been gnawing at me for the past month is the callousness of the GM, and the fact that the owner (who purports to be a component of the Hampton Cove community,) expressed no concern for my well-being. He never returned my phone call, which speaks volumes about his character. Epic fail by the owner and his next-in-line, the general manager.

Some of the tenets of good customer service:
*Apologize
*Accept responsibility
*Express genuine concern
*Make changes to procedures so that it doesn't happen again
*Make the customer feel valued