“What has happened here?”

Austin's Steakhouse
Ranked #13 of 18 Restaurants in Livingston
Reviewed 23 March 2018

We are locals and go every now and then. My husband thought it would be nice to take me out. I think I have never had a more dried out rib-eye in my life. This used to be a pretty good moderately priced steak house. I will not be back, at least for a steak. It truly was an awfful two bites of a steak that i had to saw for up for my dog when we got home. And the baked potato was raw, found that out when I was still hungry.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Worst service, worst manager...

I will never be back and I would suggest you never either. If you dare try please consider these words of advice...Even though the chalkboard at eye level directly in front of you when you walk in clearly says 'Please Seat Yourself' and even though you ask the only employee in sight if it is alright to push two tables together in order to seat your party of eight and she politely responds Sure!!! DON'T do it it's a lie! It's a setup, trust me! If you dare try be prepared for the "Manager" to come running and screaming from the back telling you that you can't do that. Never have I ever been treated so badly or humiliated in my life! Dear Mr Manager...it's probably not very smart of you to turn away 7 adults when you have 7+ empty tables in your restaurant....ESPECIALLY knowing the best steakhouse based on FOOD AND FRIENDLINESS is less than a mile down the road.

Do yourself a favor, if you find yourself in the parking lot of the restaurant, turn around, take a left and Diamond Jim's and Mrs Donna's is less than mile down on your right!

Unbelievable!!

Date of visit: February 2017
3  Thank Wanderer646327
Reviewed 13 July 2016

Austin's is a local steakhouse restaurant. They have wing night every Tuesday and the place is packed. They serve a great fried catfish. This is your normal small town local restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

My wife, I, and friends went based on a recommendation of a third-party. This is not a restaurant with a bar, it is a bar that serves food.

We ordered an appetizer plate and steak dinners for all. Of the appetizers, fried pickles and mushrooms were buried in way too much corn meal; the conecuh sausage was adequate. Dinner salads were served before the appetizers appeared and two of the four steaks served had to be sent back because they were improperly cooked. The steaks themselves had no flavor and were full of gristle to the point that part of it was inedible.

My recommendation is to save the money and find a different steakhouse. Diamond Jim's, which is just down the block, has never been disappointing.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank Bruce C
Reviewed 3 November 2015 via mobile

Visited in Nov. 2015. They still allow smoking in the restaurant so it was nice to smell like a cigaret when I left.... Staff was friendly, but the food was poor. Ordered fried shrimp and they tasted and looked like they came from the frozen section at Walmart.

The cocktail was good though.

Date of visit: November 2015