“A very good value for excellent meat and veggies”
Review of Walton's

Walton's
Ranked #28 of 640 Restaurants in Huntsville
Reviewed 10 July 2018

I read about this restaurant from reviews by others and had to try it. It is conveniently located in an old Ruby Tuesday location with plenty of parking. What makes it special is its great food. I had the meatloaf and thought it was perfectly cooked. The veggies were especially well seasoned and very tasty. This place, in my opinion, has better food than the competition and for a great price.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Great food, service and deserts. The pot roast was great and the pecan pie was some of the best ever. I do not know if they take reservations but if they do I would go that way. We got inside in the nick of time.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Food was a bit average. Service was good though. The hash brown casserole was great though. Would probably ordered something different than the country fried steak.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Reviews on Trip Advisor led me to Walton's. The food will keep me coming back. My daughter and I were greeted by a friendly staff and then quickly seated. Our waitress was very appropriate and gracious. Our entrees were prepared within a reasonable time frame. The catfish, okra, turnips and hashbrown casserole were delicious. According to my daughter, other restaurants had cheated her when serving chicken fried steak. Saving the best for last, the carrot cake is AMAZING! I can't wait to return. The restaurant has a good crowd and should be around for a long time.

PrinceWaltons, General Manager at Walton's, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for the great review cbrown9802!! We appreciate your visit and hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Our family was visiting Hunstville and decided to try something different. As we walked in hubs asked host if it was a buffet (as we prefer not to have buffet.) One of the waiters overheard us, poked the waiter next to him and told him we asked if it was a buffet and they both cackled like we were asking this at a fine dining restaurant and walked off. Unprofessional and a little immature, but whatever.

We ordered the friend green tomato appetizer, and they were very thinly cut and just fine. The waitress warned us they were spicy, but we didn't encounter that issue - at all. We were never brought small plates so we just ate our appetizers off napkins...seemed a little weird for this caliber of restaurant ?

We ordered chicken & dressing (mainly chicken with a little dressing thrown in,) sweet potato casserole was good, country fried steak (hubs said was good,) kiddo got a hamburger with friend green tomatoes on side (it comes on it.) When the waitress brought burger, it was a grilled chicken sandwich. He had ordered the green tomatoes on side and she held out the plate and said 'You want em?' (as if he had somewhere to put them other than a napkin) He said no, and she had to go get him a burger made, so by the time we were done with our meal, he got his.

Unfortunately this restaurant missed the mark for us, and we wouldn't be back. Maybe with a few staff tweaks it would have been a little better.

Thank you jamaicaboundin06 for your review. We appreciate your honesty as it helps us improve as a restaurant.

The behavior of the servers when you entered the restaurant is unacceptable. We are capable of a much better experience than that but failed to do so in your case. I am personally sorry for it and will work with our staff to make sure that no one else has that same experience.

Edward Watts