“D&L Bistro is closed and has been for quite some time”
Review of D and L Bistro

D and L Bistro
Ranked #59 of 650 Restaurants in Huntsville
Price range: US$18 - US$36
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, French, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Established in 2002 by two of Huntsville’s top restaurateurs, Linda Herrmann and David Yohn, D&L Bistro is the casual fine dining restaurant of choice for affordable gourmet cuisine and impeccable service. Conveniently located on South Memorial Parkway in Huntsville’s Main Street South shopping village. D&L Bistro offers lunch and dinner; on-premise catering is also available. Our cuisine is prepared to order from the freshest available seasonal ingredients and is unique and eclectic. We are an indepently Chef owned operation with a true family friendly atmosphere and service.
Reviewed 8 March 2018

D&L Bistro is closed and has been for quite some time. Please verify by calling before you attempt to eat here. The idea was they closed for a remodel and I'm guessing, due to all the road/overpass construction in the area, it may not have been viable to reopen. Sad, I really loved D&L.

3  Thank Jewel10435613

Reviewed 26 October 2016

Recently my wife and I were joined by 2 couples for dinner at D&L Bistro. This is one of the finest restaurants in Huntsville and they take reservations. We were seated downstairs in a quiet alcove allowing easy conversation. Our server Courtney came by with menus, took our drink orders and reviewed the evening specials. Two nice features are the crackers and cheese before the meal and the broth to freshen you pallet before the entrees are served. Our orders included baked salmon, braised pork chop, and scallops, all served with a variety of delicious veggies with salads. All were delivered hot and very tasty. The eating areas are clean and well decorated providing a welcome and friendly atmosphere. The meal and evening were enjoyed by all of us.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

We went here for our anniversary dinner. It was a fantastic choice! I can't wait to go again.

We had a reservation, so when we arrived, our table was ready with water and a plate of crackers with an herbed cheese spread waiting for us. We sat down and met our waiter, who addressed us by name the entire time. He told us about the specials and since it was our first time there, also highlighted the popular items from the menu.

We had the shrimp and grits appetizer, which, if it wasn't so impolite, I would have licked the sauce out of the bowl. Seriously outstanding shrimp and grits.

Next was bread -- freshly baked -- with olive oil, herbs, and balsamic vinegar for dipping.

After that was salads (we did the house salad) which has a homemade vinaigrette dressing that was really very good.

I ordered the special tonight -- bacon wrapped monkfish over crawfish rissotto. Seriously delicious food. My husband ordered the mixed platter that had duck, lamp chops, and a house made pheasant sausage. Where are they getting pheasant?? I don't know, but it was delicious.

After that course, there was coffee with a list of the desserts. We ordered the chocolate explosion (not a lava cake) and the creme brulee. The creme brulee was OUTSTANDING and the chocolate cake was decadent and smooth.

Honestly, the visit was so great. I really loved it. The decor is nice, the restaurant is quiet (as in, you can have a normal conversation without shouting). I would venture they could use a little facelift on the place...if decor matters a lot to you, you might not be impressed. But if you like outstanding fine dining, this is the place to visit.

Everyone was helpful. Everyone was pleasant. The food was five star. Worth the drive from Madison.

One note -- my husband said the men's bathroom was really gross. The ladies room was not, but yikes.

2  Thank TrainerSW2007
Reviewed 26 September 2016

I've been to many good restaurants, but NONE compare to the quality of the meal served at D&L Bistro last night. We had gone there with several friends for dinner. My wife and I had their Seared Diver Scallops with Wilted spinach, Cauliflower gratin, Buerre Blanc. Even now, 24 hours later, my mouth still waters as I reminisce over my dining experience. Scallops were FRESH, not frozen, prepared with a culinary artists touch: they were simply to die for as was the spinach and cauliflower gratin. There are dining experiences and then there is fine dining. AT D&L you get both. Service was excellent, attentive but not hovering over you. Bread was replaced as though by magic, glasses refilled without asking (except for wines). Salads were FRESH. NOT ONE thing about the meal was less that first class and deserving of a Michelin 5 Star rating. The chef definitely is definitely a culinary artist; a master chef well versed in the finer aspects of elegant dinning and meal presentation. If you want a Michelin 5 star dining experience to share with that someone special, or with colleagues and coworkers this is where you want to go. Not pricy by any imagination. So when you want a quality well prepared meal, served by an attentive staff bent of exceeding your every dining expectation D&L Bistro should be #1 on your list of places in Huntsville to go. I have had meals at some of the better restaurants in Paris, London, New York, LA, New Orleans, and Atlanta. My meal last night proved to be a better dining experience and more delightful dinning experience: an experience l shall remember for a long time to come and share with all my friends and associates. Fine dining that doesn't break the bank. Why go downtown Huntsville, to the sometimes overpriced restaurants, when you can enjoy fine dining in a quiet intimate atmosphere just off the Parkway south of the Martin Road overpass. Whether you are going to the concert, a play, high school prom, or just having a night out, you owe it to yourself to visit and dine at D&L Bistro.

2  Thank Alan M
Reviewed 22 September 2016

I brought a group to D & L in August based upon TripAdvisor reviews. Half of my group were locals, but no one had been here previously. What is more, no one had ever noticed this restaurant (tucked away in a strip mall) even though many had walked right by it from their hotel to eat at the very popular and tasty Rosies Cantina.

The outside is non-assuming, but when you walk through the door you find the dim lighting and atmosphere of a restaurant tucked away in an older home. It does not feel like the same building you see from the outside at all.

I worked ahead of time with the staff due to the size of our dining party, and they were very agreeable. This is a small restaurant, so I would advise any party larger than a couple folks to call ahead and allow yourself time to enjoy your meal before the relatively early closing time of 8:30 p.m.

Dining service began with an unpretentious cheese and cracker plate followed by salads and fresh bread. My salmon meal was flavorful and cooked to perfection. Everyone enjoyed their food as well as our private seating arrangement upstairs. The desserts are equally enticing - save room. I will never again visit Huntsville without also eating a meal at D & L Bistro.